Chapter 30

Charlie

I woke to the soft kisses Presley placed on my forehead. His hand rubbed up and down my side in a soothing manner. I peeked open my eyes, and he gently smiled at me.

"Good morning, angel." He rubbed his nose against mine.

"Good morning," I cleared my throat, snuggling closer to my mate.

"How are you feeling this morning?" He asked, pulling the blankets over our shoulders.

"I'm sleepy," I mumbled against his chest.

"Other than sleepy, are you feeling nauseous?" Presley hummed.

"Not at the moment, so I think we should make some brownies," I smirked.

"Damn, you really want brownies don't you?" Presley chuckled. "But I think we should wait until it's at least lunchtime."

"Brownies for breakfast sounds like a good idea." I rolled out of his arms and off of the bed.

"Y'know. You're a bad influence." He put his hand down where I had just been lying. He sighed, following my pursuit out of bed.

"I never said I was a good one." I giggled, wiggling my hips a little. Presley put his hands on my hips, prompting me to spin on my heel to face him.

He hummed, "I think you were a good influence on me." He nuzzled his nose against mine.

My breath caught in my throat, and I leaned into his lips. "Well, I think you were mistaken."

"Well, I'm glad that I was mistaken." He replied. He then picked me up off the ground and wrapped my legs around his hips. "How about we make those brownies, then?" I tangled my hands around his neck and gave him a gentle smile.

"I honestly thought you'd never ask."

Presley carried me to our kitchen and sat me down on the counter, and he began to look through the pantry, grabbing all of the ingredients he needed. "Do you want them chunky?" He turned toward me, raising one of his brows.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, raising my brow in return.

"I like to add chocolate chips, so they have a bit of a bite." He held the bag of chocolate chips up, making a sprinkling motion with the other hand.

"Did you just ask me if I wanted more chocolate?" I crossed my arms, almost giving him a look of betrayal.

"So that's a yes?" He questioned.

"Well, duh," I rolled my eyes as if it were obvious.

Presley beamed at me and put the bag of chocolate chips on the counter, along with the other ingredients.

"I'm amazed you even know what you need to use." I joked, crossing my arms

"Look, I might have been a shut-in Alpha, but that doesn't mean my mom didn't teach me how to cook– well, in this case– bake." He turned around and started to dig through the cabinets to grab mixing bowls, measuring cups, and tablespoons.

Once he had all of the ingredients and necessary baking utensils, he began to measure all of the dry ingredients and the wet ones together. When he cracked open the first egg, the pungent smell hit my senses, and I scrambled off of the counter to try to make it somewhere acceptable to upchuck.

I only managed to get to the sink before I spewed what little I had in my stomach up. "Oh shit, baby, are you okay?" Presley rubbed my back.

"The eggs are bad," I mumbled, gripping the sink and spitting the bile out of my mouth.