𝟏𝟕 | 𝐥𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐳𝐞

𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧
ᵗʰᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵒ'ˢ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗⁱᶠᵘˡˡʸ ᵈᵉᵛⁱⁿᵉ

- 𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘢𝘻𝘦 -

—————

Fire plumed from underneath the hearth and danced to its own rhythm. The room was large but warm, all thanks to the abnormally large fireplace. The room consisted of a desk and bookshelves. All of it screamed business. There was no vivid color present except for the burning ember right before her eyes.

Mia sat there with her legs bent and cuddled close to her chest. She didn't want to be alone and Viktor was only too happy to keep her company. He had business to attend to but keeping Mia close was the prime thought in his mind. He couldn't resist the attraction between them. It was hotter then the flames his wife was sitting in front of. His soon to be wife.

Mia would occasionally peer through the book in her hands to watch Viktor. He would be signing papers or tapping at his laptop. She felt extremely guilty for keeping him but she couldn't help but feel relieved.

It was so strange. Viktor was a complete stranger that barged into her life and invaded her privacy. What scared her was how she enjoyed being invaded by this God of a man.

Mia peered at Viktor once again. This time, she wasn't met with his sharp jawline and the tall bridge of his nose buried in his work. His eyebrows weren't jolted, he balanced his weight lazily on his forearm as he stared back at her.

Mia was flushed. Getting caught starring at her handsome fiance had all the blood in her body rushing to her cheeks. She pulled herself back and wished for the chair to swallow her completely.

Viktor was amused at her desperate attempt to avoid his scrutiny. He pulled her chair by the arms so Mia was at a close proximity. There was no escaping him.

"Were you stealing glances?" Viktor mocked as he pulled the book away from Mia's face. "No," she breathed sharply. "Were you?"

The sudden boldness in her shy personality amused Viktor further. He was going to enjoy her presence dreadfully. "Yes." He shamelessly admitted.

"I think I should go to bed now." Mia hurriedly pushed at the chair to run away as far as possible from the electricity between them. "I will join you." With that Viktor pulled Mia on his lap and started walking. It all happened too quickly for her to process and midway to his bedroom she realized what he meant.

"We..we can't sleep on the same bed together," Viktor put her down on the soft mattress. He raised a questioning eyebrow but she failed to see the mockery behind them. "It's very inappropriate."