Chapter 8

"In my closet" I panicked and he nodded. I opened my closet door and he went in.

"Umm I'll tell you when it's clear" I whispered and he nodded. I closed the door and quickly changed into my sweatpants and jumped in bed pretended to be asleep just in time my door opened.

Her footsteps came in closer.

Did I forget to mention I am horrible to be pretending to be asleep?

I was facing the wall so she couldn't see my face but damn moonlight lighting up my room. She leaned in and kissed my forehead.

"Oh Nova..." she said and sounded as if she was crying. She sniffles.

"What are we going to do now?"

What does she mean?

"I got laid off" she whimpers, she rubs my back and plays with my hair.

"Damn your father" she whispers but soon recovers from her little cries and kiss me once again.

"Goodnight" she whispers and tucks me in and leaves shutting my door.

I didn't know what to do. I laid there shocked when I went to touch my pillow it was wet. What?

I sat up and felt my cheeks, tears were falling. My mom was now jobless and now it'll probably take a while for her to find a new job. Shawn came out of the closet not knowing what to do.

I pulled my knees to my face and began crying quietly.

He sat beside me and rubbed my back.

"I'm sorry, I'm a mess" I tried to laugh a bit. He pulled me against his chest and I couldn't resist but hug him back. He laid our bodies down cuddling now.

He played with my hair with one hand and hugged me with the other.

"Everything's going to be alright." he whispers into my hair.

I placed my hand on his chest and drifted off to sleep. What does the future have planned for me now?

S H A W N

She drifted off to sleep with tears on her eyelashes. Such a beautiful and sweet person with now a mom who is jobless. Maybe I can help out?

I just need to find out what her mom worked for before. My phone then vibrated.

From: Andrew
Where are you?! Are you alright? Come back to the hotel ASAP please

I scoffed, since when did he cared about me. I put my phone back then vibrated again. Can this guy leave me alone just for a few minutes. I checked to see what had he said now but this time it wasn't from him but from her.

From: Victoria
Hey, I know it's late but you've been on my mind nonstop since our whole 'break'. Just wanted to say that I want to talk soon and talk things out. Possibly get back together. Text or Call me whenever you can. I love you.

There she goes again with that word. Does she really mean it?

My stomach filled with butterflies just as her name popped up on my phone.

I turned off my phone and set it down. My eyes were getting sleepy so I fell asleep too.

Hope this is a good sign for Vic and I.

N O V A

"This is all your fault" he yelled at me.

"If you wouldn't have been born maybe we could've have a perfect life but no your here now!" He continued slurring his words. I covered my ears not wanting to hear anymore.

"You a disgrace Nova! Nova! Nova!" He yelled even louder.

"No!" I yelled then woke up.

I sat up on my bed with sweats. It was all a dream.

"Hey, hey" Shawn comfort me holding my face in his palms.

"It's okay" he hugged me.

As I was hugging him, my clock read 6:05 A.M. Time to get ready for school. I leaned back and kissed his cheek and thanked him for comforting me and got up.

I took out a new outfit for the day which was a tank top along with a cardigan that had a belt to go around it's waist and some skinny jeans matching them with some strap on sandals.

As I finished changing in the bathroom I came in back to my bedroom doing a side braid on my hair as some hair sticked out but looked fine.

Shawn was on his phone texting someone I see. He quickly looked at me and turned off his phone.

"So my mom is downstairs if you want to use the bathroom before you head out" I said politely.

"Oh yea um sure" he said and got up. Damn was he tall.

"How tall are you?" I said quietly fixing putting my keys and phone charger in my school bag.

"Six two" he rubbed the back of his neck.
"What? I'm five five" I giggled.

I dropped my phone as we both went down to pick it up. Our hands touched making me shiver a bit. The good kind though. Our eyes met up then my eyes moved to his lips and so did his to mine.

My breath sucked in wanting him to make a move. What the hell am I saying?!

He cleared his throat.

"Here's your ph--"

"Nova!" My mom yelled at the bottom of the stairs. Quickly covering Shawn's lips as he sat on the floor and banged his head on the door.

"Shit I'm sorry" I whispered to him. "Yea!" I yelled back to my mom.

"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine!"
"Breakfast is ready" she yelled.
"Be down in a minute" I said and heard her walk away.

I then noticed the position I was in with Shawn.

Both of us on the floor as I'm in a crawling position between his legs which were folded.

I backed away quickly laughing nervously.

"I'm such a clumps" I giggled and helped him up.

He chuckled as well.

"No your not, your adorable" he smiled.

The feelings he made me feel inside man. What is this?

__________

Last week of school and we're doing absolutely nothing 😕 anyways some of you are on summer break (lucky😏) how's it going? Any plans for the summer? I'm planning on hibernating in my room with Netflix #thuglife #savage 💯😂

Edited // Published June 23, 2015