𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓.

" Should I go say something?"

" Sure. You can't beat yesterday's interaction with her. I'm sure that she was just having a bad day or something," Abel said to Xander as we watched him sweat bullets while watching Ivy from across the room.

" What if she shoots me down again?" Xander frowned.

Poor guy.  Xander was a ladies man, but not the kind of ladies man that fucked anything that stepped in their line if vision. No, Xander was just a ginormous flirt. Sure his flirting skills sounded like they belonged on a middle school playground and not a bar or when you are trying to pursue an up and coming r&b star. However, he made it work... ninety percent of the time.

" Aaliyah says that if at first you don't succeed, dust yourself and try again," Marcus quotes.

Xander nods, a sudden confidence coming over him as he straightened his posture and dusted off his shoulder sleeves. " There you go," I patted his shoulder, hoping that our positive energy would rub off on him and clear his nerves. " You got this buddy. Remember, you are a smooth talker, so go over there and smooth talk your way into a date."

" And if she rejects you, then she's not for you," Carson added. " But she won't because who could reject that face."

" And let's not forget that you have one of the best personalities that I have ever encountered," Kyler added. " She'd be missing out on one of the kindest and most considerate guys that I know."

" And the funniest. You could get a date just from a joke alone, Xandy," Derrick chimed in.

Xander nodded. " You guys are right. I'm a fucking catch."

" Go get her Xandy with the cakes," Haze slapped his best friend's butt.

" Haze,we talked about this" Xnader rolled his eyes playfully and spoke in an annoyed tone, " Not in public."

I choked on a laugh as Haze nodded and checked himself. " You're right. I'm sorry," Haze nodded. " Won't happen again."

Abel and Carson leaned on each other as they had a laugh at Haze and Xander's dynamic. Carson nearly turned red and Abel was clutching his chest as if he was about to have a stroke from laughing so hard.

" Wish me luck fellas," Xander muttered as he mustered up the courage to approach Ivy. As Xander walked off, the De'luca brothers approached us.

" He's going for round two?" Alessandro raised his brows in surprise. " Usually guys don't have the guts to go for a second approach with Ivy after being shot down the first time."

" What can we say," Kyler crossed his arms and smiled smugly," we raised the young bull right."

" Oh," Khalid perked up." So you guys are responsible for the infamous double 007 dupe?"

" He didn't say all of that now," I scratched the back of my neck. My name was not about to be attached to Xander's favorite pick-up line. I wanted that line to be permanently removed from his vocabulary for the rest of eternity.