The Dance (SS)

Introduction:
Severus likes the new Muggle Studies professor, and she likes him back. However, none of them seem to dare confess their feelings. So Minerva and Albus decide to help them out during the Yule Ball.

This is a request from LuzHernandez087. Thank you for your request!

I hope you enjoy!

Published: 1/27/2023 ———————————————

Word count: 1.1k
Warning: Alcohol and indication of sex

The Yule Ball is tonight. All the students are so excited for the party, and the four champions are happy to catch a break from the Triwizard Tournament. Even the teachers look forward to the event. Well, except for one.

Severus Snape hates parties, particularly Hogwarts parties. He hates being around loud and cheery students... It worsens his headache, and he gets those daily.

The Potions Master might not like the idea of the ball, but the Headmaster and the Deputy Headmistress secretly have plans for him.

They have noticed how he has been looking at the new Muggle Studies teacher, Y/N Y/L/N. They have also noticed how the new professor has been looking at her tall and mysterious colleague. It's so obvious that the two like each other, but none seem to take the next step. It drives Albus and Minerva crazy, so they have to do something about it. And tonight is the perfect opportunity.
______________________________

Later, it's finally time for the big event. The Great Hall has been decorated, and there's a lot of space for dancing. Everybody is ready for the champions to enter with their dates. They are the first ones to dance.

As they enter, Severus rolls his eyes. Great, he has to watch these dunderheads dance... and Potter is one of them. This is certainly going to be a long and unbearable night...

Once the couples are done embarrassing themselves, the party officially starts. Some of the students dance with whoever they have come to the party with while others decide to grab a drink and some snacks. Severus thanks Merlin that Firewhiskey is being served to the professors. He however huffs when he sees Igor Karkaroff drinking more than one glass... He seems tipsy already.

He then notices the Weasley twins trying to steal some Firewhiskey for themselves. Not on his watch. He quietly strolls towards them. They don't seem to notice that he's right behind them as they pour themselves the alcoholic drink.

"Our plan is brilliant if I may say so myself, Fred" George says, grinning.

"I agree, George, and no teacher will suspect a thing" Fred states smugly.

"Well," Severus drawls. That seems to scare the stupid Gryffindors.

"If that's so, I must not be a professor. What am I doing here at Hogwarts, then? Babysitting all you dunderheads?" he sarcastically asks.

The boys gulp before they slowly turn around to face the scary Potions Master. He merely raises a warning eyebrow at them.

"Don't worry, Professor Snape... We weren't going to drink that" Fred tries.

George nods. "Yeah. In fact, we were just leaving" he says, trying not to tremble with fear.

Severus huffs. "Good idea..." he replies, glaring at them until they finally leave the drinks table.

As they do so, Minerva chuckles. "That should teach them. Do tell me, Severus, are you going to dance tonight?" she questions casually.

At that, Severus frowns. "No, I am not. Besides, who would dare dance with me?" he asks, almost snorting at the thought.

Minerva looks over at Y/N standing all alone before turning her gaze back to him. "How about Y/N? She looks quite lonely over there" she suggests, gesturing over to the Muggle Studies teacher.

Severus looks over there, his expression slowly softening before returning back to its usual hard look. "She looks all right to me" he mutters, shrugging.

Annoyed by his stubbornness, Minerva suddenly smirks as she gets an idea. "Say, are you scared to ask her, Severus?" she questions him, giving a challenging look.

Severus spins around on his heels, glaring at her. "What? No, of course not!" he growls.

"If that's so, then I suppose you won't have any problem asking her right now" she simply says.

After a few seconds of thinking, Severus sighs in defeat. "Fine" he grumbles as he slowly walks over to Y/N.

When he gets there, Y/N spots him and smiles at him. "Hello, Severus" she greets.

"Hello, Y/N..." he replies.

He then clears his throat. "You know, I was wondering... Would you, perhaps, like to... dance?" he finally dares to ask.

At first, she looks surprised before giving him a bright smile. "I would love to!" she exclaims happily.

He offers her his hand for her to grab. She doesn't hesitate accepting it before the two of them approach the dance floor. They slowly start to dance, her arms on his shoulder and his around her waist.

As they dance together, looking each other in the eyes, everybody stops what they are doing and looks at them.

"Bloody hell, Professor Y/L/N and Snape are dancing!" Ron Weasley exclaims.

At first, Harry Potter widens his eyes. He however then smiles. "They look happy" he points out.

Severus doesn't even notice that everybody is looking at them. All he cares about right now is the woman in front of him.

Meanwhile, two particular people are smiling at the sight. "It seems our plan worked" Albus states.

Minerva nods. "Yes, finally. Thank Merlin" she says, looking both happy and relieved.

As the two keep dancing, Severus can't help but keep looking into her eyes. "Your eyes are pretty" he suddenly mutters. He seems surprised by what just came out of his mouth.

Blushing, Y/N chuckles. "And you are handsome" she blurts out.

Thankfully, nobody can hear them because of the music. They are the only ones who can hear what they are saying to each other. That doesn't mean they don't want some privacy, though. They silently agree to leave the party.

As they walk through the halls, they walk hand in hand. When they end up outside Severus' private chambers, they can't keep their hands off each other. They start kissing. A long awaited, passionate kiss shared right outside his door.

"I have thought about doing this for so long" he confesses once they break apart to get some air.

"So have I. How did we survive all those months without each other?" she asks, giggling.

He smirks. "I have no idea, but let's not waste tonight. Do you want to stay the night with me?" he offers, hoping she will say yes.

She looks at him with lustful eyes. "Yes, please" she almost moans. He replies by kissing her again as he opens his door and quickly locks it once they are inside his room.

The Yule Ball wasn't so bad after all. And thanks to Minerva and Albus, Severus and Y/N finally confessed and shared their first kiss. They truly look out for the staff.
———————————————

Author's note:
The next one shot "If Only He Listened Pt. 2" (LM & daughter! reader) *angst* will be published on 2/3/2023!