Wattpad Original
There are 71 more free parts

12

Sebastian

Where was Sweet?

I checked the time on my wristwatch, it was already 10:15 a.m.

I was in the lobby of the Stavrakos Sport Resort Hotel, waiting for Sweet. I wondered what took her so long. She was not the type who would get late, especially that she was already in the hotel.

The receptionist, with a nameplate, Bridget Jordan, smiled at me flirtatiously. She was trying way too much today, batting her thick lashes at me and licking her lips. I admit, it used to affect me in the beginning, but I ignored it — because I set my rule, not to hook up with our employees. But later on, it became uncomfortable. It's also inappropriate and unprofessional as a front liner of our prestigious sports resort to behave like one.

I ignored her behavior and asked to check on Sweet in her room by calling.

"She's not answering her phone, Mr. Stavrakos," she said after hanging up the phone, "I informed her you'll meet her in the lobby at 10 sharp, though... She must be feeling very sick right now. I remember, she mentioned she has a terrible headache after riding the helicopter. Poor thing, she's not used to it and wouldn't want to ride it again."

I pressed my lips together, feeling suspicious of her statement.

The Sweet Treble I know is a very courageous, strong-willed and professional woman. A headache would not stop her from seeing me and complying with the terms of our contract. In case she's really ill and could not see me, she would inform me thru James right away.

The receptionist leaned forward, showing her cleavage. Her eyes seduced me, "If you need a companion, Mr. Stavrakos, I'm off and available now," she bit her lower lip, and whispered seductively, "I'll surely give you the best time of your life. Just let me get my handbag."

She was hitting on me too damn hard. Every time I'd come here, she would seek my attention, giving me flirtatious glances and smiles. It was not alluring at all, but disgusting.

"Good," I nodded at her, standing up straight and said, "you can also pack all your things, Miss Jordan, because you're fired."

Max checked the CCTV, using an app installed in his phone. The conversation was very audible. Bridget Jordan lied. She gave Sweet the wrong location.

I was upset at what happened, but I would let nothing ruin my mood. I expected meeting Sweet, the last time I saw her, she was so damn beautiful that I could not keep my eyes off her. I wondered if I would still find her the same today.

The moment I saw her, I sighed with relief. The heaviness in my chest lifted knowing that she waited for me. She was sitting there at the poolside, looking so frustrated. When she turned and our eyes met, damn, my heart skipped a beat. I wanted to capture that moment. Her eyes lit up. She was beyond beautiful, more than the last time I saw her.

Dammit. I shouldn't be feeling this.

I moved closer to her and her facial expression immediately changed to annoyance.

"Hello, Mr. Stavrakos. Good morning," she greeted me coldly.

"Good morning, Sweet. And call me, Sebastian, as we agreed."

"Very well," her chin lifted a bit. I could tell she was upset and just controlling her temper.

Dammit. It was our first date and I created a bad impression already. It bothered me that she thought I was late on purpose.

"I apologize being late. The reception failed to relay my instruction accurately. We were supposed to meet in the lobby at 10:00 a.m., not here in the pool."