||09. Confession?||

The trip had gone smooth for everyone and managed to bring people closer. To be specific, Bani- Veeranshu and Avni- Neil. It had definitely made Avni get a clarity of her feelings for Neil. She realised that Bani and Veeranshu had been right all along. She was indeed in love with Neil. And yet, he seemed to oblivious of the world around him. Or rather say, oblivious of her feelings.

Right now they were back in college to their regular routine and Neil had been going round and round for a long time trying to tell her something 'important.'

"How many questions do you ask?" Neil asked in frustration. "Let me complete what I have to say first, okay?"

Avni nodded with a frown, asking him to continue. Neil took a deep breath and held her shoulders lightly. An innocent touch perhaps, but it made her heart race.

"Avni, you are really important to me. You're more than just a friend. You're my best friend. No, no, more than my best friend. You're my special friend. You-"

"How many definitions of friends do you have, Neil? Fix one, will you?" Avni asked at her wits end.

"I'm getting to the point right? Just listen to me and don't talk until I finish." Neil said firmly, "So as I was saying, you're so kind, so honest, so brave, so...so strong." He said, carefully choosing his compliments.

"I don't know since when you became so important to me, but ever since you've come into my life, I've been feeling so many feelings. You make me feel things no one else does. Like, for example, no one can irritate me as good as you." He said with a smile, not quite realising the meaning of his last sentence. Avni gaped at him in shock. Here, she was expecting him to say something special, and this was what he was planning to tell her!?

"Neil tum-"

"Please, Avni, let me complete." He said, keeping a finger on her lips. She looked at him, surprised by his action. "I know I'm rude at times and maybe even stupid. I know there's no reason for you to like me. I mean, I know you don't like me in that way. I know you like Veeranshu, but I really -"

"Wait, what did you say?" Avni asked.

"That I know I'm rude and -"

"No, after that. You said I like Veeranshu. Who told you that?" Avni asked furiously.

"Avni, let me-"

"No, you shut up!" She snapped at him, "How could you even think that Neil?" She asked him, hurt evident in her voice and accusation reflecting in her eyes.

Neil was too stunned to speak, so he just stared at her in surprise. Sure, he was expecting to even get slapped by her, but not this outburst.

"You can't see anything, can you?" She asked in disbelief. Could he not see how much he mattered to her?

"See what?" Neil asked, completely clueless.

"Seriously Neil? Sabko dikhayi deti hain, Bani ko,Veeranshu ko, Juhi ko, yaha tak ki madumakhiyon ko bhi dikhayi deti hai, sirf tumhe nahi dikayi deti! You should get your eyes tested!" She snapped at him furiously, "Here I was getting excited that finally you would tell me everything, and you- ughh you're mad! No, you know what? I'm mad about expecting something from you! How was I so stupid to think you would- leave it. What's the point? I like Veeranshu, right? Fine, I'm leaving!"

"Wait, Avni, I didn't finish what I was saying. You have to listen to me-"

"Listen to you, my foot!" She said furiously, "Whatever I had to listen, I listened. Now, there's nothing left to listen! My ears and my heart are filled with your amazing words! Bye-bye! Tata! Goodbye! Alvida!" And saying that she walked away like a blazing flame before Neil could even reach and hold her.