Bonus IV

"Please let me go home

"Please let me go home."

Emma is beaming. She is also holding me hostage.

"Nope. You must help me with the cupcakes. Don't you want to help a pregnant lady? That's very rude of you." Her light tone makes it obvious she's only doing this to tease me. And because she knows damn well I'll help with everything that can be even slightly dangerous for her.

Because she's my best friend, but also because I don't want an angered Isaac breathing in my neck. That man is so stressed now his wife is pregnant. I can't even sit on my ass for two minutes at their home, or he'll glare at me so much I spontaneously feel the need to massage her feet.

"Can't Isaac—"

"No, I want you to help me. And while you do that, tell me all about last night." She sends me a wink before sitting down on a bar stool. Her big belly moves along. I'm still wondering if it's twins, like Isaac had originally thought. But that mad woman won't frickin' tell me.

"What's there to tell? It's not like it was the first time we had sex," I blush, busying myself with the frosting of her cupcakes.

"No, but you're limping like crazy. Did you try something new?" She laughs even more when I turn redder than before. "No!"

Isaac walks in, saving me from further embarrassment. "Newton! Hi! Look, I'm taking perfectly good care of your wife. No, Isaac, put that slipper down. I'll surrender. It's not what it looks like! NO!"

And that's how I get a slipper against my face. I stay still, trying to process what the actual fuck just happened. Isaac snorts, then bends over his wife and gives her a kiss. For a man who just got home from work, he sure does still smell nice.

"It looks like you just called me Newton, no?"

Damnit. I turn back around to finish the frosting. Isaac and Emma are having their usual conversation,which goes pretty much like this.

"Hello, sweetheart, how was work?"

"It was okay. Did Aaron behave?"

"Of course I did!"

"I wasn't asking you. Did Aaron behave, honey?"

"No, he refused to make my cupcakes."

"Hey! Wha—thank you so much, Em!"

And then Isaac usually glares at me even more. Well, it turns out today is not normal, which I'm happy with. Sometimes I get the feeling he doesn't like me anymore. "Baby, he can't make your cupcakes everyday. You know Ada will get jealous."

Wait. What is this bullshit?

"Oh, right, because I'm so much more fun than her?" Emma plays along. I scowl, tempted to throw a cupcake in her face.

"You know what, I'm leaving! Have fun with your cheesy lines, losers." I walk over to pick up my coat, but Isaac is faster and has it above my head before I can blink. He glances at Emma before asking her the time.