Chapter TWENTY-SEVEN

"Bullshit". Thomas seethed as he and the rest of the team walked into the locker room murmuring curses. They had just finished their semi final game and they won, just not how they expected it to go.

"Everyone calm down". Ryan spoke as he eyed his teammates. Everyone of them were tensed, some angry and some still shocked by what happened during the game.

"Calm down? Did you even see what happened there? An illegal tackle and all he gets is a yellow card, bullshit". Thomas fumed.

The team were in their last twenty minutes of the semi final match which advances them to the finals with a 59-30 score of them leading the other team, the rival team, Rex's team.

Jamie, their wide receiver had just scored a touchdown which summed up the fifty nine points.
The game was going good on their side until a loud groan echoed through the field. Everyone's attention turned to Jamie who was sprawled on the ground gripping on to his ankle with both hands, and Adam backing away from him.

It was evident what had happened, it was a tackle, an illegal one at that from Adam, Rex's friend and a defender to the other team. The boys were ready to tear the obnoxious defender to shreds especially Ryan, but he was to busy holding back Thomas from getting himself a red card.

The team watched as Jamie was taken out in a stretcher off the field, it was agonizing but the game continued when Jamie got substituted with Ryan scoring another touchdown followed by Cole scoring a field goal summing up a total of sixty eight points as the game ended.

"Of course I saw what happened I was there". Ryan deadpanned. "Shut the fuck up and calm down". Thomas eyed his captain warily, nobody was more pissed off about what happened to Jamie than Ryan was but he was trying his best to hide it and so Thomas threw both his hands in the air defensively as he went and sat on one of the benches.

"You're pissed off, I'm pissed off, we all are but we need to stay level headed before anyone of us does something stupid". Ryan reasoned with his teammates and narrowed his eyes at Thomas as he finished his last statement.

Not long after Coach Marshal strode into the locker room with an unreadable expression on his face. The older man's expression softened a little when he saw how depressing the room was before he cleared his throat, signalling his presence to the boys.

"How's Jamie?". Cole asked in a low voice.

"I haven't gotten any news yet". Coach Marshal replied. "But that's one of the reasons I'm here, I need the three of you to go to the hospital since you guys are the closest to him". The coach added as he pointed between Cole, Ryan and Jayson, whereas the three boys only nodded in return as they hurried to change.

"What about us Coach?." Scott called out. "The rest of you can go tomorrow once we know how the situation is". The coach stated.

"I've already filed a complaint about Adam and the team and from what I'm hearing, this isn't the first time such foul play has happened".

"Plus it seems like Adam might have been under an influence of some sort". Coach Marshal explained.

"You're saying he was on drugs?". Scott murmured in disbelief and the older man nodded. The team had joke about them being on drugs because of how violent they play, but it was nothing more than that, a joke. Everyone in the locker room was taken aback by the information except Ryan and Jayson who wore an unimpressed look on their faces and Thomas who snorted.

"Well I've got to go see what the officials have to say about this, the three get your asses to that hospital, stat". The older man said he exited the room.

~~~~~

"-yeah and Thomas was on the verge of snapping Rex into pieces if Ryan didn't hold him back". Cole laughed as he gave Jamie a run down of what happened on the field while Jamie was taken to the hospital.