Chapter 67

12 September:

"Priya, let's go!" Sneha called for her sister. It was Sunday and they had their usual Karate classes.

Priya grabbed her water bottle and followed her sister as she opened the main door of their house.

However, Sneha froze momentarily when she saw who stood outside.

"Ananya?" She whispered in surprise.

After her divorce from Viraj, no one, literally, no one from his family approached her for any reason. She lived her life as it was earlier...as she had always known. She had expected at least Dev to approach her and threaten her further. But, she was proved completely wrong. In a way, she was grateful to Viraj for successfully convincing his father and taking care of everything.

But, then, why was Ananya here?

"Sneha, can I please talk to you?" Ananya asked.

There was a genuine request in her voice that Sneha could not ignore rudely.

"About...what?" She asked softly.

"Alone?" Ananya added while giving Priya a glance.

Sneha looked at her sister and then walked towards the corner of the garden. Ananya followed her. When they were alone, Ananya spoke first.

"I wanted to ask for a favour."

"If it is about your brother..."

"Bhai had asked all of us to never come to you. So, I didn't. But, I don't have any option now."

Sneha's brows furrowed. Did anything serious happen to him? The thought crossed her mind.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Since that day, bhai hasn't come home at all. He stays at his penthouse. He doesn't even come to meet us. We just talk to him on phone, that too barely. It's like, he has isolated himself from the family. He has engrossed himself in the business entirely! We tried every way to convince him..but, I think he has taken your betrayal to his heart."

Sneha's heartbeat escalated. She had no idea how he was living his life...and, honestly, she didn't even care. She was too busy in her life...searching for a good job... going on short trips with her family to come out of the suicide trauma and all that had happened in the past.

Not even once did she give him a thought.

"What..." Sneha cleared her throat. "...what can I do?" She asked in an unsure tone.

"Could you please go to his penthouse and talk to him..."

"Ananya, you know, I can't!" Sneha interrupted immediately.

"No, I am not asking you to go back to him. I am just asking you to talk to him once...and try to convince him to please come back home. He is not even listening to us. But, I am sure, he'll listen to you. Please, Sneha!" Ananya literally begged.

Sneha took a deep breath. She had no idea why Ananya would try to ask such a thing from her.

"Why will he listen to me, Ananya? We don't have any relationship now. He gave me a divorce, you know that."

"Because you threatened him!" Ananya retorted abruptly.

The accusation surprised Sneha. She had no idea that Viraj's family thought so low about her!

"I did not threaten him." She spoke, slowly and clearly.

"Yes, you did, Sneha. The reason why bhai gave you divorce was that you tried to kill yourself. He was afraid you might do it again. That is why he decided to give you what you wanted so desperately."