the sea

-warnings: sexual harassment, attempted dubious consent, drinking, smoking, mentions of self harm, drugs, death, gruesome details of violence and gore, not for the weak

-the chapter is intended to be confusing and meant for you to delve into a deeper psychologically darker place (this chapter is gonna ease you into the darker themes/content that is yet to come) So it's meant to fuck with your mind a little. ALSO THX FOR 70k!!!

also aria's death is based off two ppl I knew that died the same way. I'VE BEEN SEEING THE OUT OF POCKET COMMENTS YOU FREAKS 💀

-☾-

The sound of music blared in your ears. A grotesque rap song objectifying women and glorifying murder to be precise.

You made your way down the stairs of that frat house. The boy you just hooked up with upstairs was begging for a second round, but you were too sober to give it another go and pretend to enjoy it again.

Not to mention he was a sophomore at Stohess State University, the college you planned to attend this upcoming fall.

A bunch of kids from your class were greeting you and patting you on the shoulder playfully as you passed them. This was one of the last times you all would get to be together like this. Who knew what would happen after graduation?

You noticed the brunette you'd been looking for standing by the downstairs bathroom, "Aria!"

Upon hearing your voice, she turned around, lighting up when she saw you, "There you are. I thought you were upstairs with that college guy."

"I was."

The flashing colorful lights streaked across her face, "And?"

"He came like thirty seconds in. Waste of a condom," you sighed, following her into the bathroom where two other boys from your class were smoking in the empty bathtub.

"Oh my God," Aria laughed, tearing up and already in the process of rolling a blunt. "I'm going to help you find the perfect boy so you'll fall in love. Then you'll get dicked down everyday."

"A boyfriend?" you cocked a brow. "No thanks. I'm perfectly fine with fucking without any commitment."

"I could help you with that," one of the boys grinned from the bathtub.

You and Aria rolled your eyes. The other kid held up a small packet filled with a white powdery substance, "Hey, Y/n, can I do a line off your tits as a graduation gift?"

"Ew, Josh, no," you said, scrunching your face. "I told you I don't like being near that shit either."

"Aria?" Josh looked at your friend.

"I have a boyfriend," she replied flatly. "And I also don't like that shit. You seriously think they're gonna let a cokehead stick needles in their puppies? And did I mention already that I'm with Thomas?"

You audibly groaned. Aria looked at you and you said, "What?"

"You need to get to know him better," she insisted. "Then you'll love him too."

You rolled your eyes, "Yeah right. He's cheated on every girl he's dated. You're out of his league."

"Aww, is my best friend jealous of not getting all my attention?" she smiled, pinching your cheeks.

"No," you scowled. "I'd rather you give your attention to someone worthy of it. I'll find you the perfect guy."

"Yeah, yeah," she waved off. "Let's just smoke. You're too tense."

Something strange, like an icy wind, flowed through your veins. A little voice in the back of your head spoke in a whisper. I don't smoke.

"I don't smoke," you said, repeating that strange ghostly whisper in your mind.