The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me

Copyright © 2011 Slim_Shady 

All rights reserved

***

A little pink note dropped onto my lap whilst my English teacher was going on about the significance of poetry.

Chloe!
IT WORKED! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
He asked me out to dinner for Saturday night, he mentioned the La Pierre?
OMG I am so excited but nervous at the same time, I couldn't have done it without your help!
Love,
Emma
P.S - WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?!!

I smiled in satisfaction before carefully scribbling down a reply.

Em,
I'm glad everything worked out, just like I thought it would.
La Pierre? It's a really classy French restaurant, so you should wear something formal.
I'd say keep it Audrey Hepburn-ish - aka; little black dress.
Keep cool, don't forget to smile and have a blast!
Much Love,
Chloe

From the corner of my eye, I noticed Emma's body relax and a smile spread across her lips. The girl's here at Prescott Private School had my trust. I'm the girl they all turn to for relationship advice and help - not that I was some kind of relationship guru or anything - I'm just Chloe Armel, Cupid's Assistant as they like to call me...

I just help do what the chubby, half naked baby with a dangerous weapon forgets to do: Shoot you both.

~*~

When lunch finally came around, I headed towards the cafeteria to meet up with my friends. A strong arm casually slung over my shoulder and I looked up to meet the light blue eyes of my childhood best friend; Charlie.

"Hey Charles." I smirked at his disgusted look even though I found it awfully cute.

"Ew, Chloe, you know I hate it when you call me that."

"Yeah, thats why I do it!" Again he gave me a glare that made me laugh.

Charlie's a tall blonde boy who's really...pretty. Not that that's a bad thing - all the girls love him. He wears stylish marked clothes and spends more time in the mirror than I do. He also loves sports as long as it's in the gym where its air conditioned and well away from anything mud related.

"Have you finished your English essay yet?" For a moment, my heart dropped deep into my chest, oh God, please don't tell me it's due tomorrow. "It's due tomorrow you know." Charlie finished.

Yay life.

"I'll finish it tonight; I'll go to the library after school or something." from the shocked expression on Charlie's face, I knew what what's coming next.

"What a minute, hold on. Did I hear correctly? Little Nerdy Chloe forgot about her homework?"

"I'm not Nerdy."

"Chloe, you're not only in the advanced Math class but you're seven chapters ahead from what they're currently teaching you, you've memorized the whole periodic table of elements-

"Not the whole table, just one hundred and ten of them."

"How many of them are there all together?"

"One hundred and eighteen..."

He gave me a blank stare.

"You even watch natural history programs for fun."

"Hey!" I protested. "David Attenborough is awesome."

"Right, what is he, like, ninety years old?"