Her Butler, Responsibilities

Sorry for the long wait!

End of school, helping a friend, selling my soul(ironic, huh?), ugh.

Thank you for being at least a little patient.

-----------

I raise an eyebrow, "a question?"

He nods, "I was curious as to your... feelings. Towards Edward Midford, that is."

I stare for a moment, then look down. "I suppose..." I began, not knowing how to answer, "perhaps you could say... that I love him." Saying that aloud for the first time made my cheeks flush, and I cursed myself for it.

The demon smirked at my self-loathing. "Well, I was merely interested, that is all." Damn demon, is he making a fool of me? I wonder with a tsk.

"If that is all, I would like for you to leave." I say in a cold tone.

"I have a contract with you, and as long as that contract stands all you have to do to make me do something is give me a direct order." He says matter-of-factly.

I scowl and then relax my features, "I order you to leave me be until you come to wake me in the morning." I say, the Mark on my neck burning.He bowed and went to leave, "Yes, my lady."

And he was gone.

~

I wake up not to Sebastian opening the curtains or Savannah drawing my bath, but to Edward shaking me lightly. "What is it, Edward?" I ask, wiping away sleep from my eyes. I notice it is still dark out, "what time is it?"

He smiles, "It is nearly midnight, but I wanted to show you something." He says, taking my hand. I let him guide me out onto the balcony and he points out to the sky. There are stars dotting the sky wherever I look, and I see them shooting across the sky in bright, beautiful arcs.

My mouth opens slightly, "It's amazing...!" I gasp. The meteor shower was showering the sky in streaks of white and the moon was illuminating the snow in the courtyard in pale light, making the fountain water shimmer.

I barely noticed how Edward's arm was wrapped around my waist, which reminded me of how Father had held Mother's waist. I thought back to them for a moment, wondering if they were as happy together as I am now. "Cecilia?" Edward's voice breaks through my thoughts.

"What is it?" I ask.

He reaches for my face and wipes away a tear, "you were crying." He says, a worried look on his face. Then he smiled. "Don't think about anything that will make you cry right now. Just look up at the stars and look to me for comfort. I am here for you." He cups my face and touches his forehead to mine.

For a moment, I think he is going to kiss me, and I blush. He notices this and asks, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." I reply. I feel a longing though, very small, very slight, but somehow strong. I want him to kiss me like he did today. I want to be held in his arms. I want to stay with him like this, even if it is for only a second more. I open my eyes and meet his, his emerald green eyes have darkened, and his face was also slightly flushed, and I knew it wasn't from the night breeze.

A moment passes, and I feel myself reaching up. I tangle my fingers in his blond hair, smoother than silk against my fingertips. I realize I am pulling him toward myself, and he lets me.

Our lips meet, gently at first, and then his hold on me tightens. He holds the back of my head, deepening the kiss, and find myself soon breathless. We pull away slowly, looking into each other's eyes. We are both out of breath, panting slowly. I rest my head on his chest, feeling the firm muscles I never realized he had, and also not caring about how the shoulder of my nightgown had fallen. Then I hear the words come out of my mouth in a desperate voice before I can stop them, "I love you."