20

" 'I don't get sick.' She says. Look at you."JR responded as he handed me a cup of ginger tea, I let out a sneeze in my tissue before tossing it into the bin and taking the warm mug.

"I don't..."I paused before I let out another sneeze into my tissue and tossed it into my bin.

"I don't understand where I got this flu."I grogily continueded as I sipped the tea that had a sharp ginger and cinnamon taste that made sure to parade around my tongue making me gag.

"Yeah, that's what you get. How was dinner with Simone?"JR asked making me kiss my teeth as I swatted him away.

"You are a terrible nurse and my dinner was good. We got some stuff cleared up."I replied as I looked down at the tea and saw the tea bag taunting me as it floated to the surface along with bits of the seeds from the tea bag that managed to come out and float to the top as well, making me push it down with my teaspoon.

"I hate this flu and this tea. You're supposed to have better solutions."I whined as I rolled my eyes at my tea.

"I'm sorry baby. Maybe you need a little bit of sun."he replied whilst chuckling making me nod my head as blew the pieces of tea leaves off my tongue.

"When your match is coming up for sure."I muttered before I sneezed once again before I could ask him the time of his match I heard a knock on my door making JR rush to my door to open it revealing my dad who looked like he was panicking.

"Mr James."JR respectfully greeted as he stuck his hand out making my dad nod and shake his hand in response.

"Son, how you doing?"my dad asked as he gave JR a small smile.

"I can't complain. Mani, I will see you after alright? I will bring you more tea."JR politely said making me nod my head as I blew him a kiss in response making him chuckle before he acted as if he caught it and left.

"You sick baby?"my dad asked as he placed his hand on my forehead.

"Yeah, the rain caught up to me yesterday. Don't tell mom please."I pleaded placing the empty mug on my night stand.

"I'm sorry baby."he responded as he kissed my forehead.

"You look panicked."I responded making him nod his head.

"You got my email?"he asked making me shake my head explaining that my phone was in my nightstand.

"Willis Cobb pulling out of the deal with HBCU. Since there's no merger, it will be sold unless enough money is raised by the end of homecoming week. Malcolm found HBCUs that have already accepted you like Golden Angeles University, Hamptons University and Howard baby."my dad explained making me look at him confusingly as my heart sank.

"Daddy. I'm not leaving Bringston, isn't there a way we could do something? Donate?"I asked looking up at him making him frown.

"4 million baby?"he asked making me look down but he placed his hand under my chin.

"Think about those other Universities baby. Think about your gymnastics career."he muttered as he kissed my forehead making me nod my head slowly.

"Good. I will give Malcolm a call as soon as you have chosen a school."he replied making me nod my head once again.

"You need anything?"he asked but I shook my head on response making him kiss my forehead before leaving.

I groaned as I grabbed my phone and left my dorm room. When I got to the busy quad I immediately spotted Nate and Keisha making me jog to them.

"I just heard about the no merger. How can I help?"I asked as I gave them both hugs.

"Sit your pretty sick self in your dorm room for starters."Nate joked as she placed her hand over my forehead making me swat her hand away.