Chapter 6

My heart stopped the moment I heard the name. Liam Hawthorne. It couldn’t possibly be.  I mean, he was my childhood celebrity crush. Adorable little Liam Hawthorne in all those BBC mini series and other period flicks. My friends and I fawned over him when we first discovered him like nobody else’s business, all swearing we were going to move to England together just to marry him. Then he disappeared during his preteen years. My friends and I were just out of that phase of taping pictures of him to our walls and Google him everyday, when suddenly he came back when he hit the upper teen years. He grew tremendously and went from a cute little actor that hardly anyone knew, to this worldwide babe, just like James. 

“Hello, it’s so nice to finally meet you. It’s Camille, right?” Liam said, putting his hand out which I instantly took to shake.

My eyes seemed to go in and out of focus as I tried and failed to not check Liam out. He was in similar attire as James and his dark brown hair was cropped down except for a tiny quiff that, honestly, I didn’t think anyone could pull off until I saw him.

“Yeah, Camille. But you can call me Cam.” Maintain cool, Cam. You can do this. He’s just another guy. Not the celebrity that you happened to plan out your entire life with and name all six of your children.

“James talks a lot about you, I don’t think you realize that. So it’s great to put a face with the name.”

“This is going to sound terrible, but James hasn’t mentioned you.” Trust me, I would have remembered.

“He hasn’t?” Liam looked over at James putting a disappointed face on. “Mate, you’re killing me here.”

“Cam, when have I ever mentioned every single actor that I’m working alongside?” I raised an eyebrow.

“Always.”

“Well, this cast is big, you can’t expect me to mention every actor.” James said defiantly.

“I’m your co-star! I’m in ninety percent of the shots you’re in!” Liam feigned being offended, something he was accomplishing and I was believing. At least he was good at his job 24/7.

“Well. I’m telling you now. Cam, this is my co-star Liam. Liam, this is my little sister Cammie.” Liam offered a sweet smile and I felt my insides melt.

“Anyway, Mel will kill you if you don’t get in there, like, right now.” Liam told James.

“Alright, I’m out. Cam, go find Mom.” James started running towards the trailer as I called after him, “This set is huge and I’m just supposed to find her?” But James didn’t hear. He simply disappeared inside the trailer. I pursed my lips in mild frustration. Just find Mom. He expects me to “just find Mom”. This set seemed to stretch for miles, how was I supposed to know where Finch took my mom?

“You look confused.” Liam said.

“I have absolutely no idea where my mom is.” I replied, looking around the immediate area, which I knew my mom was no where near, momentarily forgetting that I was talking to the Liam Hawthorne.

“She’ll probably be in the Zone.” I raised an eyebrow.

“The what?”

“The Zone. It’s like a green room for theater. Just a place where everyone chills, watches the filming, the like.” Alright, that made a little more sense, however there were trailers and tents, I didn’t see any buildings.

“I still don’t know where that is. If you could just point in the general direction...” I waved my hand, gesturing the lot. 

“Here, I’ll take you there. Come with me.” My stomach started doing flip flops, but I had to be chill about this.