𝟑 || 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐩...

༻ ♛ ༺

"I trust you, King Midoriya." She answered with a little chuckle.

"I'll do my best, but I can't promise anything..." 

══════࿅ ༻ ♛ ༺ ࿅ ══════

Izuku breathed heavily as he punctured the practice target in the very center. He had been at it for quite a while now, the sun beating relentlessly onto his back and deep into the crevices of his curls. For any alpha or beta, the conditions might be slightly more bearable, as they carried more stamina and a generally stronger body, but as the new Commander for the Forest Army, it was best to be prepared, needn't it be necessary or not. 

After his time with Ochaco, Izuku had focused on the issue with Ivory, and the Kingdom as a whole. He was able to conduct a fair trade with the Winter Kingdom, but as much as food was needed, it wasn't enough to last another 3 months, 4 at most. That trade also did not include medicine or any sort of medical supplies; as much as Izuku would love to spend shillings on medicine, the lack of production on exports caused an economic decline for Evergreen.

The omega yanked the old, rusty sword out of the sandbag, stumbling back from the force. He wiped the sweat from his forehead, looking down at the ground. 

'I have to keep going. I expect much turmoil to come in the following years, even after I turn 18....' Izuku groaned, sprawling out on the grass. 4, almost 3 years until he was of age to mate. 

'Thinking of mating... Yaomomo-san said I might get my first heat soon... Good god, that sounds nightmarish... I wonder what that'll be like. Blegh, I don't wanna be hor-' 

"Ugh. Knock that off. That's gross. It'll probably just be a little pain and nothing more." He affirmed to himself, standing his and carding a hand through his curls. 

"Midoriya...sama..." Yaoyorozu called as she ran out to the field where Izuku had been practicing. She slowed her speech as she was baffled by the omega's physique, seeing as he was shirtless. 

The two weeks after he had talked with Uraraka, he dedicated quite a bit of time to training and trying to get stronger. Izuku was built, a very unusual trait for an omega. She also realized he'd gotten a bit taller. 

"Puberty certainly came across quickly, hm?" She laughed, causing Izuku to blush in embarrassment.

"I- Well- Uhm- I-" He sputtered, quickly grabbing his dirtied button-up and dressing himself in it. The maid standing in front of him couldn't contain her laughter. 

"Oh goodness- Forgive me for interrupting you, your grace, I had come to deliver a few messages if you... Have the time to spare, pfft-" She said, breaking off to cover her mouth. 

"...S-sure, o-of course... I-is everything alright?" The young King returned in reply, reclaiming his speech in the process.

"Well... The Summer Bloom is arriving soon, and has required your attendance." She spoke, reading off the paper. "I do hope you realize it is not an option to decline. Even though I would personally excuse the lack of attendance..." She whispered the last part, still feeling a twinge of uncertainty about Izuku Midoriya.

It feels... That something is to come from the minor mistakes that he has made so far. Of course, they were something to be forgettable, but she just felt the notion it would be re-gifted as an act of payback or...