Chapter Forty-One

"I think I was made to love you."

- unknown

Luna's POV

"Are you finished?"

"Almost."

I wait one second. Three. Ten.

"Okay, you can turn the page."

I do so and continue reading, my eyes scanning the page. Oli's arm tightens around my waist, pulling me back further into his chest. We're currently sitting in his living room beside the large window in his apartment, reading a book together. Oli and I both love to read, but I never knew he was such a slow reader.

Getting lost in the story, I start to turn to the next page when he stops me, "One second,"

Rolling my eyes, I tilt my head back against his chest to look up at him. "You could just buy yourself a copy of the book."

He shrugs, eyes not leaving the page, "I have a copy, just haven't read it yet."

"So... Why don't you grab it and we can still read together but just separately?" I suggest gently.

Now he turns to look at me with a playful scowl, "No. I want to read it with you. We'll be at different points in the book otherwise."

I roll my eyes and turn back to the book, turning to the next page. "Yeah, because you're a slow reader, my love. That's not my fault."

"I don't want you to spoil it for me," He mumbles then presses a kiss beside my ear.

"I wouldn't spoil it," I scoff.

"You would," he says as if it's a fact, "You like to talk, Little One. You tell me everything, and I love that. But you'd accidentally let it slip without realising."

I huff and slouch into him further, knowing he's right. "Baseless allegations."

He chuckles softly, "Just keep reading."

I do as he asks for a few moments. It's peaceful and comfortable until Oli suddenly says, "You should move in with me."

I still. Then whip my head around to stare up at him incredulously. His eyes are still on the book as if he didn't just say what I think he did. "Excuse me?"

"Actually, we really should start house hunting, I think. Would be easier. I'm thinking the neighbourhood between your parents and mine, if we can. Or around that area." He explains calmly.

Meanwhile, my mind is reeling. "Oli, you're not serious?"

"Sure I am." He shrugs. We've only been official for three weeks. He's losing his mind. "Obviously you're it for me. I'm going to marry you one of these days, so why wouldn't we move in together?" He looks down at me now, finally meeting my gaze once more. His eyes are soft and honest and open.

I think over my words for a moment. "You're it for me too. I want to spend my life with you, Oli. But I'm living with Alana, I can't just up and leave her. We split rent for a reason. We're fresh out of school and brimming with student debt. I can't afford to buy a house and Alana can't afford to rent by herself."

He tilts his head, "Luna. You understand that I played professional basketball for the last almost nine years? I was paid millions to play every year. I've invested a lot of that. But even if I hadn't, we could live off that for the rest of our lives. I keep working because I love this industry. You don't have to worry about money, okay?"