Chao

**i was just bored so I wrote this thing at 2am**

"I'll kill you right now." Sherlock threatened, gun locked on Moriartys head.

"No you won't." Jim grinned. "You wouldn't want to risk the life of you're little pet now would you?"

John froze. 5 red sniper lights moved in circles around his body. His eyes moved from Sherlock to Jim then back to his chest. He looked at Sherlock who's eyes were wide and horrified, the same as Johns.

"And now, Sherlock darling," Jim began again. "Drop the gun."

Sherlock glanced to John who gave him a shake of his head.

Jim patted his legs. "Come on, drop it," he said as if he were telling a dog to drop a stick.

Sherlock took a step towards him, gun not moving. Jim's cold hard stare made Sherlock take a half step back again.

Now Jim was getting frustrated. He took short quick steps up until he was only two feet away from Sherlock. The gun was shaking in Sherlocks hand and he couldn't keep his arm up for much longer.

"I. Said." Jim took one final step up to him. "Drop it."

And Sherlock did. The gun echoed around the silent pool room and not a sound was made for a minute. Jim's smirk spread slowly across his face until it reached ear to ear.

"Thank you." He bent down slowly, not losing eye contact with the trembling Sherlock. He picked up the gun and raised himself up. He turned to John and pointed the gun. Johns heart thumped at the speed of someone who had just finished a race, but this someone was stuck on the edge of a swimming pool with 6 guns pointed at him. He didn't move, and he didn't breathe.

The sniper lights switched off.

Jim laughed. "I wouldn't do that John." He tossed the gun into the pool and water splashed onto Johns shoes. "No no, I wouldn't." He murmured. "But he might."

One single red dot appeared on Johns forehead, and he only knew because of the look on Sherlocks face.

"Hello Sebastian" Jim said happily to the ceiling. "You seem to have a temper today."

"No." Sherlock couldn't breathe properly. "I gave you the gun I'll do anything kill me but don't kill him." he panicked.

"You see Sherlock, you think you're some big great guy who can go out and save the world." Jim began to circle Sherlock. "But you're really not. You saved your friends once but you can't do it twice. I know that, and deep down, so do you. So don't try to stop what can't be helped, okay Sherlock. It just makes it easier for everyone." He gave him a pat on the back.

Sherlock felt unsteady and weak. He tried to look at John but his eyes were closed. And with that, Sherlock fell to the floor and caught himself with his elbow. "Please," he choked. "Kill me instead."

Jim's shook his head in disappointment. "You know I couldn't do that. Well, I could, with ease in fact, but i don't like getting my hands dirty. If John dies, both of you do." He bent down on his knees and put his hand close to Sherlocks face. "Say bye now."

And in the final second before the music, he locked eyes with John and tried to memorize his beautiful face, and John did the same. And for some reason, in the midst of the last moment of silence, John smiled at Sherlock. And all the love and nights together and laughs could all be seen on his face. Only this time, Sherlock couldn't return the gesture.

Jim's fingers seemed to snap in slow motion. A gun fired and something fell into the pool. The sounds echoed off the walls for an eternity, but all Sherlock could here was music. He slumped to the floor and the music continued to clog his thoughts.

🎶stayin alive, stayin alive🎶

He heard muffled voices.

"Of course.....no, it's done...... why?....you listen to me your going to...what?....look, can you hold on for a moment..."

Jim looked at the collapsed figure on the floor. "Won't be seeing you again too soon Sherlock. I've got to take this call now. It's all right you can stay there for as long as you want, my people know what to do with you two. Chao."

The last thing Sherlock could here was the sound of the closing door in the all too quiet room.