Chapter 7

Thanks for the over 1,000 reads! It means a lot!

______________________________________________

Elena’s POV:

            “Wait, you’re going for a week?” I ask incredulously.

            Mum and Dad nod as they load their suitcases in the back of the car. “My aunt has to get surgery done for her hip,” Mum explains. “I need to be there for her, Elena, so it’ll be only you and Lucy in the house.”

            “Make sure you study,” is all Dad says before getting into the driver’s seat of the car.

            I roll my eyes, making sure they don’t see me. “See you in a week,” Mum says, before getting to the car and driving away.

            They left, just like that. Not even a proper goodbye or even an ‘I love you.’ They just got in a car and drove away. On the bright side, I won’t be having to see them for a week. Sighing, I walked back into my house, closing the door behind me. As I plopped down on my couch, my phone vibrated, telling me I have a text. I smiled slightly when I saw it was from Melody.

From: Mel<3

Party tonight at Zayn’s house! I’m picking you up at 7. Xx

            I grin, replying.

To: Mel<3

Perfect! I need something to get my mind off of things.

From: Mel<3

Everything okay?

To: Mel<3

The usual. Tell you later.

            I looked at the clock, and saw that it was quarter to six. Jumping off the couch, I ran up the stairs and into my room. I took a quick shower and then blow dried my hair. I the changed into a white full sleeved crop top with black hearts that revealed my waist and stomach along with short denim shorts and navy blue platform ankle boots. I curled the bottom of my hair and then moved on to my make up. I applied some mascara and black eyeliner, along with white and black eyeshadow. I also had on golden nail polish and put on pink lip gloss.

(Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/elenas_party_outfit/set?id=74144305 )

            Once I was ready, I saw that it was almost seven. I grabbed my phone and house keys, putting them into my pocket as I walked down the stairs. “I’m going out, Lucy!” I called out.

            “Alright!” I heard her call back, and I exit my house.

            As if on cue, Melody’s car pulls up and I jump in. The two of us then drive to where Zayn’s house was, and I ask her, “So what’s with you and Zayn?”

            “What do you mean?” she asks, trying to play dumb.

            I roll my eyes. “You know what I mean. Are you two together or what?”

            Melody profusedly blushes. “Um... Uh.. Yeah...” she mumbles.

            “WHAT?!” I shriek, turning in my seat to face her. “I’m your best friend, Mel! Why didn’t you tell me?”

            “I was gonna tell you tonight, I swear!” Melody exclaims, taking a left turn.

            “Oh my God,” I say. “My best friend has a boyfriend!” I sang.