chapter sixty eight

j u n g k o o k

Holding on Y/n's hand as she sleeps comfortably on the hospital's bed, I lay my head on her thigh, thinking about what happened twenty four hours ago. Everything happened so quickly, I didn't even process what was going on. If only I had more time.

I received a call, not long ago, that Taehyung's body was completely burned out and that Mother was preparing the funeral. She was devastated when she heard the news, Taehyung was the son of her late best friend. Jisung didn't even shed a tear when I told him what happened, he just turned around and went to his room. He really loved him, he always hanged around with Taehyung most of the time.

Soon I felt her body moving, I lean back to see her facing the window, tears coming out of her eyes. I wiped them with the tip of my finger, kissing her cheek as she silently started crying. Her arms wrapped around my neck, pulling me in her embrace.

"Breath, baby," I whispered, caressing her hair softly. Her fingers curled, nodding at what I've asked her.

"I miss him."

"Me too," I replied quickly. "If only I had more time, this wouldn't happen—"

"Don't blame yourself, Jungkook. Do you think Taehyung would like that? He said that himself to not blame anyone for what happened. Things can turn in ways you don't want to and sadly, you can't control that."

❣︎

Under the umbrella, I stood in silence, staring at the ground. The rain was pouring calmly, without any disturbance like it was planned. The tall tree that stood beside the grave looked so out of place like he has the same feeling as me.

I didn't expect to stand in front of his grave this long, I thought I would say goodbye because I knew I wouldn't able to see his burnt face for the last time. But at the end, I'm staying.

"I'm sorry for not noticing your small gestures that you did ever since we were young. As a kid, I found it annoying that you were always grateful for everything I did for you and you were always thanking me when it was simply common sense. But I've realized, a bit too late, that your actions were your genuine feelings for me. I'm really sorry for not able to cooperate with you, I'm sorry for not being around you when you were there for me, I'm sorry for hurting you when you needed me, I'm really sorry," I shouted, tears streaming down my face. Nobody could hear me, I was alone with my best friend, he's the only one who can hear me and I hope he does. "I promise that I'll try to come visit you every day. In the future, I'll bring you my kid and tell how you were awesome man. Lastly, before I leave, I promise that I'll leave this business, this life and start a new one when I'm done with that bastard."

Taking a deep breath, I wipe my tears away, putting down the flowers down and the umbrella with it. Giving one last glance to him, I turn around and walked towards my car where Y/n is.

❣︎

"I'm going to kill him," Naeun responded coldly, eyes piercing through my soul. This woman didn't even hesitate to say it, I didn't even said anything. Did Yoongi took the wrong ex-girlfriend?

"As much as I want to—"

"Your best friend died in the arms of a man that I always wanted to kill. His wrong doings almost killed my daughter when we were young, he didn't even care about us, he continued killing gangs and innocent people," She hissed, gazing down. "He deserve to die in the arms of someone who once loved him."

Well I was planing to keep him in his own house and torture him mentally, physically until he begs me to stop, which he already started to do so but he kept mumbling he wanted to see his daughter.

To be honest, I don't want anything with that guy. I just want him to disappear from my life, I guess a life for a life.

I bring Naeun to the basement, she follows me quietly as she observes the house. Opening the door, we both hear panting and groaning. I turn around to see her face which was completely emotionless. A second ago when she brought her daughter with her, she was a smiling angel.

God, I felt goosebumps for a second.

I stood by the wall as I let her take the lead. She walks slowly towards the lifeless body. He looks up, relief sweeping on his face. The corner of his mouth twitched for a split of second.

"I want to see my daughter before you kill me," He begged, trying to crouch down on his elbows. "Please."

"Do you deserve it?" She spat, grasping his hair to yank his head back. Eun Woo groaned, staring at her. "You don't deserve to see her, after what you've done, how can you even ask such question?"

"Let me see her then you can punish me, just please, it's my daughter. All I want to is to see her."

"What if he did the same thing to you? To choose between Namjoon or me? What would you do? Would you let that man see his daughter when all he ever did was to kill the innocent father of them?" Naeun slowly started to lose her face, turning her into the soft person she is.

She lets go of his hair, turning around and handing her hand. I sigh, taking the gun in my back pocket and giving it to her. She stares at it, I take the gun, loading it before giving it back to her.

She turns around, taking her phone before shoving it to his face. A tear slipped his eye when he tried to touch the screen. Naeun pulled her phone back, replacing it with the gun.

Eun Woo smiles in pain, closing his eyes, waiting for his time to end. I walked to the side, to leave her own moment. I wait for the sound to echo in the room.

The sound echoed. The gun dropped in the floor as it replaced with sobs from the woman. "Eun Woo, why did you have to turn this way?!"

I walked out of the room, closing the door. Rubbing my face in frustration, I see Y/n walking towards me with a smile.

What if she had to kill me? What would she feel? Pain, sorrow and tears? How does it feel to kill a lover that you loved so much that it hurts physically?

Well, I would never know because it will never happened to us. I promised to my best friend that I would stop this life and start a new one.

It's not always too late to start a new beginning when you have someone that gives the best out of you and them. And I know that he would be happy for me.

The End