3.5

the dean droned on about starting the school year and everyone pretended they were listening, but just looked at their phones.

apparently he finished because the gym erupted in applause. I joined anyway.

after the assembly we all followed josh and hopped into his car. the car ride was kinda uncomfortable because I was squished between brendon & mark.

"so tyler, what do you usually do on your free time? josh asks as he looks at my through the rear view mirror.

"um... I like to play the piano, the ukulele, and I can sing & rap." i answered shyly.

damnit tyler don't act so shy

he pulls into taco bell & we all hop out. he locks the car and we walk into the fast food chain.

the Mexican food instantly fills my nostrils. I feel my stomach grumble and my mouth water, am I really that hungry?

"hey dude, what do you want? it's on me." he says with a beaming smile.

"no, no I can pay for my own food josh." I argue, I really don't want him to spend his money on me.

"What's your favorite food here?" he asks.

"Doritos locos wh-'thanks!'" He cuts me off and runs to the register.

I roll my eyes and walk up to the counter.

"I already ordered, ha." I playfully punched him and he mocked a hurt expression.

"go and find us a booth to sit at man." I nodded and walked over to the one closest to where everyone else was sitting.

a few minutes later, he came baring our food.

"Two doritos locos tacos for tyler the great and two burritos for josh the almighty." He joked, I thanked him and he went to give the others their food.

----------

after we finished we got in his car and made our way back to the campus.

"So tyler, why exactly doesn't a cool guy like you have many friends?" he questioned.

"I mean, you don't have to say anything if you're not comfortable man." he reassured me.

"no, you're fine, it's just I'm different. i'm a messed up guy josh. plus people thought I was gay, which apparently is really repulsive to people." I say in a timid voice.

"Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable, we can avoid each other from now on if you want." I added quickly while I looked at my hands.

"what?! no, tyler I don't think your supposed, or not true sexuality is repulsive. I support that one hundred percent. be who you wanna be man, not what society wants." I smiled at his answer, that really meant a lot.

"thanks josh, that really meant a lot."

the others agreed the same with josh and I smiled. I think I actually have friends.

we then pulled into the parking lot and raced back into the dormitories. turns out we all lived close. mark was down the hall and debby was on the right side of the building.

we got back in our room and I went straight to mine. quickly thanking josh for lunch then closing the door.

I made friends today, and they weren't in my head this time.

__________________________

_________________

the last sentence kinda makes me :(

hope you enjoy this, I think this is longer than the last chapter though haha. btw this is a continuation of chapter 3 :)

Vote and comment ⭐❤