Chapter 2.15 - Monster exploration Hunt

Five days later, at dorm 145, a small amount of light was directed at the book and the individual's face. The light came from a lamp next to the hand that was clutching the book. On a desk next to a window, Hiro was seen reading a book while seated on a chair. Ahead of him, Riku had already fallen asleep. even after the sun had already set. The night sky was visibly high, with lovely twinkling stars. Hiroka wasn't sleeping yet. When class was over, he borrowed a magic book from the library that was titled "Intermediate AEM spell" and contained AEM spells that were not yet advanced.

Only first- and second-year students are permitted to borrow books on beginner and intermediate magic. According to school regulations, first and second years are not permitted to borrow some advance copies of books. These school regulations were developed in response to some pupils' intense desire to master powerful magic and outperform their peers. Because some of them were driven by a desire to grow powerful. When students attempted to learn advanced magic spells, they were injured. Some people's use of magic got out of hand to the point where they injured themselves and the things around them.

The former host of the second prince had previously read numerous times in the palace from the "Intermediate AEM magic" book. He finished reading some advanced books at the palace library after reading beginner through intermediate books. He almost finished all the advanced books on what magic for him to utilize and learn in the future. Sometimes he gained experience by creating something new, but that naturally halted the day The Second Prince fell ill.

The person who currently has the body of the second prince, Hiroka Isamu Callisto, or his true name Kenta Bernard, has taken the prince's lessons to heart. It was almost like cheating, but it's still not like all of the memories from the original host were vivid; some of them were blurry, sometimes impossible to recall, and some were lost.

So, over five days. They have been learning Mana and the fundamentals of magic spells from Professor Keda. He occasionally makes a startling life scenario reference while teaching. What actions will you do if you are in danger? Will you choose to run away cowardly or fight bravely? How will you proceed? Something along those lines. He spoke about those seemingly random topics in his lectures, which seemed a little weird. But... Hiroka somehow understood what those words were intended for.

With regard to Yui Hotaru, the heroine. As classmates to Hiroka for the five days. Particularly Riku, who doesn't like her, was difficult for him to avoid. She was constantly there wherever they were. Nonstop chatter and, occasionally, clinging to them as if they were very close. When they observed her looking for them, they sometimes managed to dodge her and hide to the side.

"Shield Of Cold, Hawks Of Miska, Thunder Whip, ..." Hiroka murmured to himself as he became slightly amused by the spell names listed in the book's ice and lightning section, and elsewhere.

Afterward, Hiroka turned to a new page, which was blank. The Intermediate AEM spell book was already at its end.

Hiroka put the book away and lay back down on the chair. thinking deeply as he cast your gaze out the window.

Hiroka pondered about the upcoming event...

The Heroine will get a lot of attention tomorrow since all first- through third-year students will participate in a "Monster exploration hunt" activity to gain experience and learn how to protect themselves in the future.

A hunt for monsters... implies that students in the first through third years will go monster hunting. Ogre, Orc, and Goblin.

They only hunt goblins for first-year students, orcs for second-year students, and ogres for third-year students.

The only monsters that resided in deep caves were goblins, orcs, and ogres. And this Academy's underground contains the cave where the monsters formerly resided.

There will be a team hunting monsters, and each team will have one professor looking after them during their hunt for safety if anything goes wrong.

Strong adults who possess earth magic and have attained AEM are fully blocking the entrance to the monster cave in order to secure it.

Students are actually at risk from the monsters who once resided underneath the Academy. Some nobles opposed it for years after the Academy gained notoriety, but their opposition quickly faded when they realized they could rely on the Academy's structure because it is made up of many powerful adults. Even the really old generations of past Kings in the realms of humans, elves, and demons didn't complain.

For Hiroka, the so-called "Monsters on Earth" are nothing more than myths, folklore, fairy tales, and a growing literary canon of fantasy books. But this time he wasn't on Earth, but in a fantasy world where he had left off reading a book. It was now real.

Regarding the Heroine, she will be the center of focus throughout the narrative.

Wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Hiroka got out of the chair, turned out the lamp, and went to sleep.

...

The afternoon of the day after. There will be a Monster Exploration Hunt, as Hiroka predicts.

As their homeroom professor, Professor Keda, informed them this morning in preparation for the Monster Exploration Hunt, first-year 1-A students were seen walking deeply down the stairs, dressed appropriately for mobility, and with a first-year brooch resting through their upper right chest clothing. They are free to bring any defensive weapons they choose. Some of the students were shocked, anxious, and excited when they learned the news. Riku loaned Hiroka a dagger so that he might have a backup weapon in case something happened while Riku was carrying his sword.

As the first-year 1-A students finally come to their destination of a flight of stairs to descend. There...They observed many students gathered around likewise wearing something relaxed and having their brooches on. While some students carried swords that were comfortably stowed in scabbards around their waists, others carried spears, bows, arrows, or daggers.

Professors were also present at the head of the line, waiting as though they were the last people to come.

Several students gave Hiroka and their professor thoughtful looks as they moved through the crowd, while others showed no interest at all.

A loud voice cut through the students, "Line up! Third years on the left, second years in the center, and first years on the right." Students then began to line up according to their year.