Chapter Thirty-Seven - Lou

Carter Huge – How are the coffee beans?

Carter Huge – My beans are doing great thanks for asking.

Carter Huge – Beans is code for balls btw.

Carter Huge – That was weird, forget I said that.

I know it wasn't a typo when Carter labelled his contact in my phone. I'd said that hadn't I? Well, I hadn't been lying, it was fucking massive. I practically shudder against the counter as I recall last nights events with him in my head.

I almost choked on my own tongue the moment he'd pulled his underwear down. Carter's big dick energy wasn't an act. No euphemism intended, but I think I'd bitten off more than I could chew with him. He was the most sexual man I'd ever met, so unapologetically male, strong, and secure.

When he'd finished he'd scooped me up and into his arms like I was weightless, providing a soft landing place for me after what we'd shared. Comforting and reassuring whenever he had chance.

I'd been nervous about pleasing him, terrified of being awful at it, clumsy and awkward with inexperience. But I'd enjoyed it. I loved making him feel good.

Every twitch and noise he made, the bulging veins in his neck alongside the low gentle encouragement and praise he gave me. The taste and feel of him in my mouth, pulsing and straining as he fought premature release.

I stir my cold brew absentmindedly, the ice clattering against the glass; it was my second coffee of the day, and it was a strong batch. It's undeniably too late in the day to be having a coffee but I needed the caffeine. The last thing I needed was a rogue arrhythmia.

Despite my body feeling relaxed and sated, my mind was reeling.

It was incredible, until it wasn't.

I got a healthy dose of reality the moment I saw Carter in my bedroom. Images came rushing back to me of the moment I'd found him on my bed with someone else. I went from feeling like a seductress to a fool, another member of the 'I've seen Carter Hughes's penis' club.

I knew it wasn't fair to judge him for that. He'd been so transparent regarding his experience and casual view of sex. Yet, I'd be lying if anything I'd felt yesterday had been casual.

I'd probably made him feel cheap the moment I suggested our night was over.

The bell above the door rings as Ella's chattering enters the coffeeshop, followed closely by Marcus. They're progressing well, and I smile as I notice the smiles on their faces as they hold hands. Hers small and delicate in his goliath paw. Surely after spending time with Carter the sheer size of those guys shouldn't be so much of a shock, but I swear they seem to get taller every time.

A blush climbs up my cheeks as I wonder whether Marcus knew where Carter had been last night, whether he'd told him about it.

I smile awkwardly towards them both, Ella's still talking but waves back with her free hand and Marcus gives me a friendly nod, there's nothing in his face to suggest he knows anything about my evening activities.

I'm still just Lou, the bookish best friend. Not Lou, the sex goddess, who exchanges orgasms with Michigan's quarterback.

That's a relief, right? Why would Carter say anything about it anyway, he hooks up with girls all the time.

"Have you worked a double today?" Ella motions for Marcus to take a seat near the window as she approaches. I nod at her as I take another gulp of cold brew, turning my iPhone facedown on the counter subtly.

"Does this place even have any other employees?" She jokes as she strolls behind the counter.

"Doesn't feel like it sometimes." I smile at her as she reaches for her usual blueberry muffin, grabbing a chocolate one for Marcus. "If it did you'd certainly have a hefty muffin debt." She chuckles as she looks dreamily towards where Marcus is lounging.