CHAPTER 84

Ryan's POV 

This time, I believe her.

I believe every word she says. Everything from the beginning till the end. Even those I had doubts about. Everything is beginning to make sense to me now.

This has served as an answer to the numerous questions and doubts I had about Anita.

I am beginning to put the piece together and the scene before me is making me nauseated.

Quickly, I rush out. Blinded by anger and filled with a rush of adrenaline, all I want to do right now is see that man I have called Father for years so I can punch the living hell out of him for keeping me in the dark and doing this to my mom.

Mom doesn't keep secrets from me. I am sure she did this because of him. 

I never had the cause to openly think whether he is really my father or not because of how we grew up. This is because I always take solace in my mother's chest.

He has always been a violent man but I thought he has changed. The last time he hit me was when I was 17 years old and I also raised my hand to retaliate.

The expression on his face was that of pure shock that I could ever do something like that to him. Mother brought me back to my senses, by reminding me of the fact that he is my father and he deserves all the respect.

I defy her that day. I told her to tell him never to raise his hands at me ever again or I won't mind doing the same.

He has never raised his hands on me since that day but we make up for it through argument. We are always opposing each other. His views are always not right to me and vice versa.

I never gave it much thought that this man is not my Father and what he feels for me is pure hatred, not the possessiveness my mother calls it.

Anita.

Now I see it. The way Valerie spelled it out that she is not my sister is as if a blindfold has been lifted off my face for me to see the truth.

Everything has always been in front of me but I was too blinded to see it. 

Anita isn't my sister. How come I never thought about our birth dates? Is this why Mother doesn't remember her birthday yet she always remembers mine? Is this why I am closer to mom while she is closer to Dad? Does this mean that he is not my father but hers? How did this happen?

I didn't know about Anita's real age until I stumbled upon her birth certificate while I was taking her to the airport on the day she was to resume college. 

How come I never noticed and gave much thoughts to the closeness of her birthday to mine? How come it didn't even cross my mind to check the birth year? Maybe that would have given her out.

Is she really in college?

Last year when I went to Boston, I wanted to visit her in school but she lied that she was on a department excursion. I knew she lied because I saw the Dean the next morning and he said nothing about the excursion. I just thought she lied to me because she went to see her boyfriend or a friend of hers.

I don't even know if she has a boyfriend or not.

Now that I think of it, how can she still be in college at 25? Wasn't she claiming to be 22? 

My head spins and I halt.

"Ryan", someone grabs me from behind. Her hands go around my stomach as she hugs me from behind.

I need to do this. I know Valerie won't let me do what I want to.

I take her hands off me before running to my car. I jump into the driver's seat, roaring the car engine to life before driving off.