I want you

Nico left the infirmary after the third day. Will had made him promise not to do any 'Underworldy stuff'. Nico had agreed to his request. He wanted leave: the Apollo kids, no doubt under Solace's orders, were keeping a close eye on him, often ignoring more needy patients in doing so. Nico was fine, he didn't want to be the reason his father got more visitors.

'Nico!' Someone called.

Jason was running towards him from the canoe lake, a big grin on his face.

'You told Percy? Dude, that was priceless! Annabeth says he's still in shock and muttering Not his type every now and again.' The lightning kid complimented.

'Oh, right. I'd already forgotten about that.' Nico muttered.

'Death boy!' Another voice shouted.

Nico recognized it without seeing it's owner. He blushed crimson, which didn't go unnoticed by Jason.

'Here you are! What in Hades, Nico? Who told you to leave like that?' Will Solace stormed.

'You needed a bed and my time there was over. I'm fine!' Nico replied with equal tone.

'You stupid -!' Will stopped himself. 'Nothing I say will make you change your mind, right?'

Nico nodded. Jason coughed loudly.

'That's why you told Percy, then?' The son of Zeus chuckled.

Nico turned from crimson to purple and stared at his friend in shock. Will paled.

'Told Percy w-what?' He stammered.

'That -' Jason started.

'Nothing!' Nico said quickly.

The son of Apollo looked crestfallen: eyes pointed towards the ground, smile wiped off his face, ears red. He turned to leave without saying another word.

'What's wrong with you?' Nico turned on Jason as soon as his heartthrob was out of earshot.

'Will is crazy about you.' Jason pointed out.

'He isn't. Don't change the subject -'

'Go after him. I gave you a chance to go explain everything. You obviously like him and he seems to feel the same. Go.'

'No. Not after what happened with Percy,' Nico said stubbornly. 'I happen to barely know Will.'

'You are a nightmare, di Angelo.' Jason sighed.

XxXxXxXxXxX

Nico attacked the practice target savagely with his sword. It fell to the ground, cleanly cut in four pieces. Three months had passed since the war. A lot had changed. The Hades cabin had been refurnished according to Nico's taste. The two camps had been in constant communication. Rachel, Ella and Tyson were still searching for the Sybilline prophecies. Leo had returned, Calypso with him. Since his encounter with Jason, Will had ignored Nico, much to the son of Hades' dismay. Of course, Nico blamed Jason for blabbing, to divert the guilt and sadness. But he knew who was the culprit. Himself. He decided it was time to be brave. He marched up to Solace at the archery range. Will ignored him.

'Solace, I need to talk to you.'

'About what? Percy?' Will hissed. 'Spare me the pain, di Angelo.'

'Spare you the pain?' Nico said disbelievingly. 'Says the guy who has ignored me completely for the last three months.'

'What do you care? You have Kelp brain to trot after. How does a son of Apollo, a mere healer, stand a chance against a fighter like water boy.' Will muttered.

'And you say I'm dense!' Nico groaned. 'I want you, Will! Ever since you confronted Octavian and told him you were a son of Apollo I have wanted you.'

Will turned to face Nico, eyes wide and red.

'You remember that ...'

'Of course I do!'

Nico gestured for Will to follow him to Cabin 13. He sat down on the bed and shared all his memories with Will. Solace recounted his own experiences to Hades' kid. After the sun set, Nico fell asleep on Will's arm. The blonde boy pressed a quick kiss to di Angelo's lips before falling asleep with him.