Book One: Chapter One

I ran through the halls, trying not to be late for the council meeting. I turned a corner and ran right into an elf. My bow and arrows fell off of my shoulder into the floor with a soft thud.

"Sorry, my lady," the elf said. He bent down and retrieved my items as I stood up.

"It was my fault really. I was trying to get to the council meeting on time but I'm usually late." The elf smiled and extended his hand.

"I'm Legolas." I took it kindly.

"I'm Arietta." His eyes widened slightly.

"You're the daughter of Adalia and granddaughter of Lady Galadriel." I nodded, slightly embarrassed. Noticing my embarrassment, Legolas changed the subject.

"We better get to the council meeting," he said and we started walking towards the meeting.

******

    We sat in a circle, listening to Lord Elrond talk.

"You have been summoned here to answer the threat of Mordor." He said a few more sentences about unity.

"Bring forth the Ring, Frodo," he said and little Frodo walked up to him. He laid it on a pedestal slowly. Everyone leaned forward in their seats and whispered quietly, their voices all blending in together. Boromir stood up before slowly inching towards the ring, talking about a dream he had. He reached out to touch it and I looked at Gandalf questioningly. He nodded in approval. Without further hesitation, I flicked my finger at Boromir, causing fire to shoot forth and burn him in the hand. He yelped and pulled his hand away and then came towards me, angry.

"What gave you the right to do that? Aren't you just some silly little girl?" I stood up quickly, ready to knock his sorry butt back to Gondor.

"Lady Arietta, sit down. There is no need for a fight right now," Lorde Elrond said. I sat back down beside Gandalf. Boromir started pacing and asked for the ring to be given to Gondor. Is he really that stupid?

"The ring only answers to Sauron," Aragorn said.

"What would a ranger know?'

"That's no mere Ranger, that's Aragorn, son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance," Legolas said, pushing his chair back and standing up. The room went silent and Boromir let out a small gasp that only the acute hearing wearable to pick up.

"Aragorn?" he asked in disbelief.

"The heir to the Gondor Empire," Legolas confirmed.

"We'll have it at that, Legolas," Lord Elrond said. Legolas sat down.

"Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king," Boromir said in a low voice before walking back to his seat.

"There is only one choice. The ring must be destroyed," Lord Elrond said. Gimli picked up his axe and slammed it onto the ring. His ax shattered and a moan sounded from beside me. Since it wasn't Gandalf, it had to be Frodo. My gaze fell on him only to see him in pain.

"It cannot be destroyed Gimli, son of Gloin, by any craft we here possess. The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom. Only there it can be unmade. One of you must do this."

"One cannot simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep. And the great eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland riddled with fire, ash, and dust. Not with ten thousand men you could do this. It's just folly," Boromir said. Legolas shot up from his seat again.

"Have you not heard what Lord Elrond had said? The ring must be destroyed!"

"And you suppose your the one to do it?" Gimli asked mockingly. Oh, the calm before the storm.

"I'll be dead before the ring is put into the hands of an elf." The storm has begun. The elves stood up with red faces only to be stopped by Legolas. They bickered at one another resulting in Gandalf shaking his head beside me. He too stood up a few seconds later and joined in the fighting. Until I was about to blow the whole council up, Frodo's small figure made it's way to the group.

"I'll take it," he said. Gandalf turned to look at him with a knowing look.

"I will take the Ring to Mordor," he repeated. The room hushed and stared in disbelief at Frodo.

"I do not know the way," he added.

"I will help you with this burden," Gandalf said, standing beside Frodo. Soon, the rest of the room agreed to accompany Frodo on the journey. Even Frodo's hobbit friends agreed to come. Lord Elrond turned towards me.

"I suspect you'll be going too, Lady Arietta, daughter of Adalia." My eyes widened in surprise. I can't go to Mordor. Gandalf sent me a look that said I had to so I stood up.

"Yes, Lord Elrond, I shall be going." He smiled at me and turned to the other nine people.

"Ten companions. You shall be called the Fellowship Of The Ring!"

"Great. Where are we going?" One of the hobbits asked. I giggled even though this was no laughing matter. A few more details were given before the council meeting adjourned. I went to leave but Boromir blocked my path.

"Lady Adalia, I must apologize for my earlier behavior. I did not realize who you are." I smiled coldly at him. If he really thinks he will get on my good side, he is sadly mistaken.

"If that is how you treat women of lower rank than you, you are not worth more than the dirt I walk on," I said before walking away with a sway of my hips, something that I've only seen my mother do when she was being, well, her. I continued down the hallway before being joined. It was Gandalf.

"Why do I have to go?" I asked him angrily.

"We need you. You are a powerful wizard, just like your mother, but you haven't even begun to touch the great power that you possess." I stopped walking and turned to him.

"Oh, is that so? So I'm going to be all-powerful just because I go on this journey?" Gandalf smiled.

"You're just like your mother. If it wasn't for the journey that she took, she would have never met your father, Thorin, grandson of Thror," he said, saying my father's name with great importance. I sighed.

"I'll go." Gandalf smiled again before walking away.

***So I'm not sure of how good this is. Please Vote, comment, and fan:)***