CHAPTER FIFTY

THE CROSS;
part one

"C'MON, LOVE, WE GOTTA GET up," Renna said, her head resting against the arm he had tucked beneath her temple as she stared across into his eyes. He groaned before shutting them again, wrapping his other arm around her to pull her into his chest. 

"Five more minutes," he whined, and as she opened her mouth to protest, she stopped. She genuinely didn't want to move either. So, after another five minutes, the girl peeled herself away from him and walked around the bed frame, tugging on his arm. 

"Baby, get up," she sighed, linking her fingers with his as she tried to walk the other way, but he merely tugged her back. 

"Do we have to?" He asked, running a hand down his face as he let out a sigh. 

"Yes, it's nine, Atticus. Everyone else's already up." He groaned but persisted nonetheless, pushing the blankets away and slowly placing his feet on the floor. While he sat on the edge of the mattress, hands rubbing at his eyes as he tried to fully wake himself up, Renna opened the cupboard and pulled out two of his jumpers - a hoodie and a bomber jacket. She pushed her arms into the holes of the blue bomber jacket before holding out the black hoodie to her boyfriend, him looking up at her with a smile. 

Instead of just grabbing the hoodie from her hands, he tugged on her palm to move her closer to him. He reached up, guiding her cheek down with his hands before he planted a thankful kiss on her lips. "Thanks, baby," he murmured. 

She smiled as she pulled away with a shake of her head and light laugh. "Come on." 

They walked outside, Atticus having pulled the hood of his hoodie over his head as he fiddled with the strings - only a few tufts of his hair poking out of the top of his forehead. When they stepped through the door, he groaned and pulled the strings tight, letting the material of the hoodie envelope his face. Sarah Cameron was standing outside. 

"Hey, Cam," Renna smiled sleepily, blinking away her tiredness. 

Sarah looked over with a smile. "Hey, Rei." 

From beside her, Atticus almost fell into her. 

"Hey, what are you doing?" She questioned with confusion, a hint of worry present in her tone. He flailed his arms around. 

"I can't see," he cried. She rolled her eyes before reaching over, stretching the material out before pushing it back over his head. He squinted his eyes. "God, that's bright."

"We were just leaving," Kiara interrupted. 

"Seriously?" Atticus groaned. 

"Why?" Renna asked. 

"I found the island room," Sarah mumbled as she spun on her foot, walking away from the group. It wasn't long before everyone chased after her just as eagerly.