Bonus Chapter 17: Drunken Pain

Hi guys! Here it is, the next bonus chapter. Remember, I am uploading weekly now so please like and comment so I know whether you enjoy it or not.

Also, my other book has also been uploaded (it is also weekly) and is a fantasy romance. Check it out!

Let me know what bonus chapters you'd like to see in the comments.

So without further ado, the chapter-

I raised my hand to his face and pushed the hair out of his eyes. He watched my every moment. I brought my face closer to his and our breath mixed together.

"We should stop, but I don't want to" I whispered and, with that, I closed the gap between us.

Aaron tensed at first, but then kissed back. Hard. This was the most passion and lust I've seen coming from Aaron and I liked it. I liked it more than I would like to admit. He feverishly kissed back, his hands going grabbing me in his hold and I gasped as I felt his cold hands on my warm back. It felt so exhilarating. So enthralling. One minute he was holding me tight and then suddenly he was gone.

Aaron's POV from when Lexi is drunk Part 2

_________________________

"But, Aaron?" Her voice was meek now, not certain and he sighed to keep his composure.

"Mm?" He grunted in response because that's all he could muster then and a small silence followed before she sighed.

"Why do you hate me?" Her question was quiet, pained and he snapped his gaze towards her doe eyes, glistening with the moonlight; her now-stained lips and her smooth skin.

And, in that very moment, he did hate her for the way she took his breath and heartbeat away.

"What?" He questioned incredulously. He wasn't sure he had heard her right. But, looking at her tepid face; the way she was biting her lip, he knew that she had felt that way.

But, why?

From his perspective, he had cursed himself for the exact opposite: for being too entranced by her. He had tried so desperately to hide it; he had feared that she had caught on and thought she'd find him strange. Yet, here she was, acting as though he had seen her as the scum of the earth.

He tried to think back for when he had shown such a thing. From the beginning, of course, there had been disagreements, but that was before they had gotten to know each other properly. And, now, he genuinely enjoyed being in her company. He couldn't think of anything, so he stared blankly, waiting for a response.

It was a moment before she spoke, letting out a sigh.

"Well, you're always so mean and you said 'not when you're there' when I offered for you to sleep on the bed? Do you hate me that much?" Her voice was timid, but her eyes were certain as she stared dead into his and he couldn't help but look at her thoughtfully.

Was she truly that clueless or just naive?

He hadn't tried to be mean, unless for the obvious joking and- if that had hurt her, she didn't show it. Moreover, how could she possibly misconstrue what had happened that night in the bedroom and why he hadn't slept beside her. He had a notorious reputation when it came to women in the bedroom and he knew Lexi was aware of it. She had called him a manwhore at one point, so it was obvious she held disdain for this very reputation.

How then could he even think of stepping into the same bed as her? If she had so obviously looked to him with such disdain, it would only make sense to respect her wishes and not sleep beside her. He was deemed a rake, but it was always consensual. He would only disgust himself if he imposed on other's boundaries.