32

Halloween.

I dressed up as a  elf for the party. I gazed at my body in the mirror, my eyes flickering from bottom to see if anything was wrong. Just then, I heard knocks on the door.

"Jangmi can I?" Before Heeseung could finish his sentence I interrupted.

"Come in," The door of the room opened and I saw Heeseung stepping inside. He is dressed as Vampire. Dayum! Where did he get that costume?

When Heeseung looked from after fixing his cuff links. He saw Jangmi eyes at him, her cheeks looking flush. Worry filled him up again as he walked closer to her.

"Are you alright? Why do your cheeks look flushed? Do you have a fever?" Heeseung asked with concern laced in his voice.

Jangmi's body jerked in surprise when she saw Heeseung up close to herself. After much anticipation, and thinking the right words.

Jangmi says," Of course I'm fine. You worry too much," She lightly tapped his chest.

Hearing her voice and checking her temperature. Heeseung sighed in relief. He extended his hands brushing the strand of her hair behind her ear, he cupped her cheeks. Looking at her lovingly.

Jangmi was so sure that this man was in love with as much as she was in love with him. Thing is he still hasn't said anything officially that can encourage her to go for it. All she could wish for him was to take a single step closer and she was ready to take a thousand steps close to him.

"Papa! Mo- sister! Can't I come too?!"

"No, you have school tomorrow," Heeseung said sternly.

"Pwees!"

I could hear Heeseung sighing. I looked over his shoulder to see small Amy peeking from the sliding door. I quickly took my jacket and took out some candies that Amy liked and walked to her.

"Amy! You can't go now. But when you grow up you can go there. And if you stay awake at night you'll not grow up quickly. So you've to sleep okay?" I tilted my head as I tried to look at her expression.

She was sulking but then suddenly opened her tiny palms. She knew I had her favourite candy. I gave her the candies and extended my cheeks waiting for her to kiss. She leaned forward, puckering her soft lips on mine. Before running back to her room.

"Where did you learn that? She becomes so obedient all of a sudden." Heeseung said in a surprised tone.

"Isn't she already a smart and obedient kid?" I asked and he shook his head. A small smile appeared on his cheeks.

"Obedient... She is just like her mother. A little trouble maker." He said, I felt a sting in my chest when I heard him say that.

I understand, I can never take the place of his first wife who gave birth to their child. Now when I'm listening to it first hand I feel slightly annoyed.

"Was she also like this?"

"Yeah, she had a knack of getting under my skin." Heeseung replied. Not noticing how sullen Jangmi got after hearing him say that.

"Is that your type?" Jangmi asked curtly. She walked closer to him.

"I don't really have a type...." Heeseung said, he glanced at Jangmi who's expression had just turned sour. He enjoyed seeing Jangmi get jealous of herself.

"...but she was a weird one. Maybe that is what I liked?"

Weird one. Does Heeseung like quirky girls? Am I quirky? Nah! I like the basics. I'm not particularly interested. I'm a double faced girl who's persona changes with every new person I meet.

While Jangmi was dwelling over her personality and got lost in her own little world. Heeseung held her hand and directed her out of the house, all the way to his car.

"We are here," Heeseung said as he stopped at the house in front of the big villa. Jangmi was still not over analysing her chances of being with Heeseung. Heeseung found it adorable, subconsciously he began twirling with her brown hair. Jangmi who finally regained consciousness of her surroundings flinched.

When she realised Heeseung was playing with her hair, while leaning back on the carseat. His eyes drooped, a small smile resting on his lips gave him a sexy vibe. Jangmi's cheeks turned red and eyes widened. As much as she wanted to drool over that single dad sitting over there and looking at her like that. She didn't want to appear as a pervert.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" His voice was low and deep.

"Like...." She glanced at him one last time. Time's up!

"...ugh! ARE WE HERE? OH MY GOD! WHY IS IT SO STUFFY INSIDE THE CAR IN OCTOBER. DAYUM!"

My hand was clumsily trying to open the door. I still couldn't open that damn door. My body suddenly felt like it electrocuted when I felt Heeseung warm breath fanning my bare shoulder skin. He leaned forward and pressed the button to open the door. For a moment my body froze, the door was wide open. My legs turned jelly and I knew if I stepped out I would surely fall.

"What? Why aren't you stepping out?" He asked if his mouth was right next to my ear. My heart beat speeded up, I felt like my heart would jump out if my breastbone was not caging.

From the corner of my eyes, I could sense him looking at me with the intense gaze like a predator would look at its prey.

It's too hot for me to handle.