13. Fireworks

Our sitting eventually turned to laying as the sun ducked beneath the horizon and the colorful sky turned to star-and-moon-lit darkness.

I was nuzzled in the space between his shoulder and neck, my eyes closed until he patted my thigh, causing my eyes to open.

"I have a surprise for you, Olivia." Shawn whispered.

He sat up and I scooted over so he could have space. He crawled over to the plastic bag laying on the ground in front of our feet. He pulled out a package, then turned around to hand me it.

"YOU GOT ME SOUR PATCH?!" I cheered, ripping open the bag. It was the 1.9 pound bag, and I was determined to eat them all.

"Of course," he said with a smile of satisfaction on his face as he watched me ogle like a child over my candy.

"How'd you know it was my favorite?" I asked, shoving one in my mouth.

"You told me on our five hour phone call." he replied happily as he watched me eat my treat.

I stared down at my giant bag of goodies, then back at Shawn. I found something unusual.

"Shawn, I'm loving this, but, let me get this straight: you took me all the way out here, so we can look at the sky and eat candy and that's it?"

He jumped as if he'd just remembered something. "Of course not! Look," he said, rummaging through the bag again. He pulled out a box. It looked heavy.

Then he pulled out a lighter, and stood up, walking out further into the field and set down the box. He did something then turned around to face me, yelling,"Ready?"

"For what?!" I shouted back.

"This!"

He leaned back over and did something I couldn't see, and suddenly flames went squealing up into the air, and popped loudly into a flower of fire. Fireworks.

"YOU BROUGHT FIREWORKS?" I screamed as he made his way back to our blanket.

"I brought fireworks! These should go on for ten minutes. They're automatic. They don't make sense!" he chuckled. He suddenly grabbed face and brought me into a beautiful, passionate, perfect kiss, right as a firework bursted above us.

I pulled away, laughing. I stood up and started to jump around under the dancing flames in the sky, giggling and hopping and Shawn joined me, twirling me like a ballerina, while laughing. He began to sing as we danced under the fireworks.

We laid back still in fits of laughter onto the blanket as the sparks in the sky break off into pieces off artwork that nothing could compare to. Colors transformed the night sky from red to blue to purple to gold, and I was so happy. Every popping flame would light up the sky, and as I was curled up next to Shawn, watching the gift he'd brought us do its job above us, I couldn't help but stare at Shawn's expression. He looked at home. He looked happy. He looked like nothing could touch him.

"I love this." I said, and he looked at me.

"I love you,"

But he didn't hesitate, or get uncomfortable, or apologize, or get upset that I didn't reply right away. I knew I loved him, and I think he knew too. It felt refreshing to know that the one you loved so dearly loved you back. I didn't want to leave him without an answer to his humble statement, so I said,"I love you too." causing a cheeky smile to arise on his face.

And that's basically how our night went. It faded from laying and watching the sky with no purpose, to stuffing my face with my favorite candy, to sparks being slung into the air, to "iloveyou's", to the fireworks stopping, and then occurred a heated make out session.

I was leaning over him, my hair falling off of one side of my neck, as my lips found his. Our tongues explored each other's mouths before he pulled away laughing,"You taste like candy,"

I blushed as he took over, climbing on top and being quick to reattach his lips to mine, trailing them down my neck, making pleased moans escape my mouth. His hands on either side of my head stabilized him.

Soon Shawn's shirt was off, revealing his perfectly chiseled body figure as the moonlight shone on him. I brushed my fingers over his features before I was tugging my own shirt off.

This is such a perfect time to lose my virginity, I thought. Perfect guy, perfect date, perfect moment, perfect place (well, maybe not completely perfect,  but still.) But then reality hit me; Shawn and I aren't in an official relationship, he just got out of one, I'm only fifteen, and he's probably not ready. I didn't want to stop, though.

Once I managed to get my shirt off, leaving me in my black bra, Shawn lifted off of me to stare at my face and body. I got a little uncomfortable, but then he muttered,"You're so beautiful." before smashing his lips onto mine.

He was gentle as he moved his hand over my breast, and I always imagined it would be awkward if anyone tried to do that, but it wasn't, it was actually quite nice, and it was like he knew exactly what to do as he pawed lightly at it.

I wrapped my legs around him and felt him slightly grind against me, feeling his bulge between the several layers of clothes between us.

Then I freaked out.

"Shawn," I said, breaking the kiss. My heart was beating so fast. He stopped, lifting off again.

"I'm sorry, I got carried away," he said, climbing off of me to sit down. "I don't want to force you into doing anything, I don't have any protection on me anyway." I love how he respected me. I guess he moved on from his fear of messing up sex, I think the only thing he was scared of was getting someone pregnant or hurting someone during it. He never wanted to hurt anyone, anyway.

"No, it's fine, I just, yea, I don't know if I'm quite ready." I said, sitting up as I watched him pull his shirt back over his head.

"Don't worry about it," he said with a smile as he slowly leaned in and kissed my cheek. "I love you."

I put my shirt back on before we reloaded his trunk and got back in his car.

"This was really fun. Thank you, Shawn." I said as we began to drive. He grinned happily, looking over at me. "Of course. I'm glad this happened."

"And hey, this week is the last week of school." I retorted.

"Yea, but we have finals." he mentioned, rolling his eyes.

"Eh, it'll be fine."

"And your birthday is in two days."

"Oh God," I laughed.

"But then this summer can be me and you all the time." he said quietly.

"That sounds amazing,"

And everything was okay. I was with Shawn, and nothing was wrong. Everything seemed to be falling right into place. I was happy.

- - -
(A/N) 6/1/15

hiii guys lol anyway so i changed Olivia's bday to june 4 so yea... ohh and this week is my last week of school so then i can update more regularly yay:) i love u guys, & and i also love reading your comments *hint hint* hah okay byee

-s