Chapter 68

{So, I was thinking to upload this chapter tomorrow, since it is Friday. But tomorrow I won't be able to access my phone, so I am uploading this today. I hope you like it. And, yes, this chapter has over 4k words. So, I hope I have compensated for the past week that I skipped.}

.

.

.

Two months later:

Life can be very unpredictable...sometimes beautiful and sometimes scary. It can take a frightening route to teach a lesson or make one realize the worth of something that has been taken for granted.

Sneha never knew she'll have to go through the situation she stood in right now. Her grip on her mobile phone loosened as she heard the policeman informing her about the tragic incident that her parents and sister fell into.

"S.sir...I'll come right away. Please t.t.take care of them. My f.father is diabetic and his blood group is rare. Please..."

"We are doing what we can. Just come to the hospital quickly." The policeman cancelled the call to proceed with the further processes.

Sneha jumped on the floor from the bed and in the panic mode, took her father's scooty key to drive to the hospital that the policeman informed her about.

She kept on praying to God for her family's safety. Her parents and sister had gone to visit her bua's (father's sister's) husband who was hospitalized for the treatment of brain tumor. Who knew that the auto they were travelling in would be hit harshly by a heavy motor truck. Thankfully, someone passing through the route saw the severely injured people and called the police and ambulance in time.

.

.

.

Sneha ran to the reception from where she was directed towards the emergency casualty block.

"Sir, I am Sneha. You called me. How are my parents and sister?" Sneha managed to ask in one breath.

The policemen looked at her and pointed towards one of the rooms.

"The doctors are doing the preliminary check-up. If the need arises, an operation might be needed." One of the policemen answered.

Her face fell.

"W.what...How severe is it?" She asked.

"The auto driver died before the help arrived. Your father is severely hurt since he was closest to the impact. Your mother and sister are not very badly injured, but they are still unconscious."

Sneha's heartbeat escalated beyond measure. Her eyes welled up. She had no idea what she was supposed to do now.

"My father is diabetic..."

"Let's wait for the doctors to come out. Meanwhile, we would suggest you prepare for all possibilities. Do your parents and sister have health insurance?" The police asked since Sneha looked quite young to handle such a situation alone.

Sneha nodded.

"Yes."

"Good. You can claim accordingly then."

The policemen then left to check on the deceased person's family members.

Sneha sat on the metallic bench with a thump. She recalled the total health insurance amount her father once told her about. She knew she could claim 20 lakhs if the need arises for the operation.

"They will be safe. They are fine." She kept on repeating. She thought of calling her bua but thought against it. She was already in stress due to her husband. She didn't want to give her any more bad news...at least not now.