Chapter 11

Valerie's POVI was getting ready to confront the four vampires that have been following me around when Bella entered my room without knocking

Valerie's POV
I was getting ready to confront the four vampires that have been following me around when Bella entered my room without knocking.

"Hey, can we talk?" She asked as I raised an eyebrow and said "Sure" in a bland voice "Could we....start over?" She asked causing me to give her a funny look "What do you mean?" I ask "I mean...do you think that we can try to build a relationship? As family?" I look at her as if she grew two heads and ask "And why would you want that? You've never been interested in in a relationship, in fact I'm pretty sure that you've always hated me."

Bella winced and said "I never hated you...at least never really. I guess that because my mom and Aunt Stephanie hated you that I thought I was supposed to as well. I want to try this again, I want to be a part of my baby cousin's life, do you think we can?" I stare at her for a moment as I read her mind.

'Please believe me, please believe me, please believe me' Bella mentally chanted causing me to frown, and for a split second I believed her. I reached out and touched her shoulder to answer her but I was sucked into a vision.

~~~vision~~~
Bella strutted around the Cullen house as a vampire and walked over to the living room where two children sat on the floor.

My children.

My son and daughter looked unhappy and miserable as they fiddled with toys on the ground "Did you have a good day at school with Grandma Esme? EJ? Renesmee?" Bella asked cooingly them. My kids looked like they wanted to runaway as my daughter reluctantly said "Yes, Bella" this made Bella's face morph into one of outrage.

Bella leaned forward so fast and slapped my daughter across the face! She yelped and cupped her bright red cheek as my son bowed his head in scared submission and started sobbing.

Edward suddenly appeared behind her and grabbed her shoulders to steady her as he glared at my children "That is NOT how you address your mother!" My children began sobbing harder.

In the background I could see the uncomfortable forms of Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper as they watched in sadness and helplessness. Emmett pulled a hesitant Rosalie away as she looked at him in tearfully, but silently protest with Jasper following. Alice and Carlisle were casually leaned back as they observed the scene, but did nothing to help or stop Edward and Bella. Esme's head was bowed as she did dishes in the kitchen. She was dry crying.

My daughter looked up at Edward and defiantly "But she's not our mommy! You killed our mommy!" My son's head snapped up and he hissed out "Nessie! Don't-!" He's cut off when Edward abruptly grabs my daughter and lifts her up by her collar and in midair goes to hit her-

~~~end vision~~~
I gasp as I quickly back away from Bella. I stare at her in horror as she looks at me in confusion "Aunt Valerie? What's wrong?" She reaches out to touch me but I back away "Nothing! I just...I need some time to think about this."

I quickly walk around and out the door, careful to avoid touching her again, and hurry out. As I was leaving I heard Bella think 'Her face looked like Alice's when she has a vision....' I swallowed as I realized that I unintentionally exposed my secret to the worst possible person.

I had to talk to the vampires.

I drove myself to a public park in Seattle and sat on a bench. I fiddle with my fingers and said "I know you're watching me. Please, come out, we really need to talk" I sensed their hesitance and added "It's kinda creepy that four millennia old vampires are watching a pregnant 20 year old and don't even bother to talk or introduce themselves....except for you Jane."

At my words the four appeared before me and stared at me in surprise "Yeah....we have a lot to talk about" I said awkwardly as they exchanged looks at each other.