Chapter 53

I'm deeply saddened by the news of what happened in Turkey, Syria and Palestine. Please make dua for them. The ummah is in dire need of Allah's mercy. Let's pray for the ones deceased, injured and traumatised.
Pray for the families who have lost their loved ones. Let's beg for Allah's mercy, for He is the Most Merciful. Ar Rahaman, Ar Rahim.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ahan's PoV:

Ashiya and I were back at our place. Work got resumed and both of us jumped into our respective packed schedules. Ayan was still recovering and was still prohibited from leaving the house. Mom had become even more worried about our safeties, so much so that she set alarms in all our phones to recite all the duas for protection from harm. I had wanted to question her but Ashiya told me not to.

"She's a mother," she had said, "just listen to her. It's for your own good."

I sighed as I entered the bedroom to grab a tshirt. It was past nine o clock and I had just come back from work. Ashiya had still not returned. She had texted me in the evening that she would be late that night. I felt bad for her but I also understood that she had worked hard for this. She was one of the most empathetic and diligent people I had seen in my life and that reflected in the way she worked.

I was busy thinking about my wife as I rummaged through the wardrobe when my eyes landed on something. In the extreme corner of the shelf that belonged to Ashiya's stuff, a black something laid wrapped in a transparent carry bag. At first I thought it to be one of Ashiya's undergarments but then I remembered that there was a separate drawer for that.

Curiosity pushed me to see what the mysterious looking bag contained. I emptied it and the black thing fell on the floor. I picked it up and saw a…nightie.

It was simple and short. The material felt soft against my palm. It didn't look scandalous but the idea of seeing Ashiya in it caused heat to run down my groin. I suddenly felt hot.

I eyed the nightie again and was about to keep it back in its place when I realised something. The surprise that my wife was talking about giving me was this. She had planned to wear this on the night Ayan got into an accident.

"Shit…" I cussed at the turn of events. It must have been difficult for her to decide to wear this, considering how shy she is when it comes to physical intimacy. Hell, she still blushes like a new bride everytime I kiss her. I smiled as I thought about it.

I felt the need to see her dressed in that black piece of cloth. I wanted to see her pink cheeks and restless form writhing under me, begging me to…

I inhaled sharply to stop myself from going into the sinful direction of thoughts. I had just come out of the shower but I already felt sweat beads on my forehead. Since when did December become so humid?

"I'm back," I heard a tired voice coming from the hall. I thought of showing her the piece and asking her about it but then I thought of something else.

An idea popped into my mind as I looked at the nightie for one last time before keeping it back.

Be ready to be surprised, wifey.

"I thought you eloped," I descended the stairs and saw an exhausted sloth laying on the sofa. Her hijab was a mess and her eyes screamed their need for sleep.

"I tried," she mumbled, "but I had patients to attend to." Even in a worn out state, her smart mouth refused to stay silent. "Have you eaten?" She forced herself to sit up.

"Yes, should I heat up the food for you?"

She shook her head. "Shifa made me eat some pasta on our way home." I nodded and saw her trying to stand up. Her eyes were almost closed and her limbs looked like they were chained to invisible shackles. So dramatic.

I went ahead and bent down to pick her up in my arms. She weighed like a sack filled with air.

"What are you doing?" Her big eyes were now finally open.

"Taking you to bed?" I answered the obvious as I climbed the stairs to our bedroom. I made her lie on the bed once we were inside. "Do you want me to change your clothes?" I questioned and she shook her head vigorously. "Okay then," I handed her her night suit. "Get ready for bed. I'll be joining you in ten minutes," saying that, I exited the room to make a phone call.

"Danish," I said once the receiver picked up, " connect me to the collaborator from Maldives."
.

.

.

.

I was in the conference room of my office with my team that was responsible for the upcoming project with the collaborator from Maldives. Thirteen people were seated around the big mahogany table, their laptops and tablets and paperworks kept in front of them as they looked at me with anticipation.

"Are you guys prepped up?" I asked and received nods from everyone. Most of them were in their twenties, just like me. I knew the importance of experience in the corporate sector but I also understood the necessity of passion that the youth possessed. They needed guidance and I was there to provide it. In return, they gave me results, positive ones. We had become one of the leading textile industries of the state, if not the country, all thanks to my team.

"Good," I stood up, "you people have been working extra hard these past few months. I have seen you staying up late here and coming early in the morning. This collaboration is going to open bigger doors for us and I'm positive that we're going to make a good impact." I saw smiles and nods as the audience waited for me to continue.

"Danish," I called and he stood up.

"Yes sir," he answered with his eyes stooped low.

"Have you booked our tickets to Maldives?" he nodded and gasps filled the air of the room as surprised faces looked at me. "Rent the finest hotel and tell the collaborator that the cost of their stay there will be paid by us. Also, buy something expensive for the man. I have heard he's a big fan of branded perfumes. Prepare a gift hamper."

"I have full faith in my team. We will be doing our best there, like we had intended to do here. Be confident and be prepared." Saying that, I left the conference room with a smile playing on my lips.

Ashiya had told me that she would be getting a week off from work for Christmas and it was already the twentieth of December. The collaborator was to land here on twenty fifth. It took me only a minute to make a plan and start executing it.

A trip with my wife to the Maldives, the thought made me beam in excitement.

_________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please vote and comment and shower your love on this story.