Chapter Thirty-Nine

I was practically fuming by the time I heard the jingle of the keys in the doorknob. I had locked myself in the bathroom after my fight with Alessio, he never bothered trying to come in to try to talk to me again. When I finally emerged he was completely gone. I thought of calling a cab and going home, but I decided that he didn't deserve to get out of this that easily.

Oh No.

He was going to get a good long silent treatment until he just couldn't take it anymore and then I would tell him exactly how big of a piece of shit he really was.

Currently I had myself holed up in his bedroom and had even taken the extra step to lock him out.

I pretended I didn't care when he entered and kept my gaze focused on my computer screen. For show, I even deleted the last few lines and retyped them so my fingers would be pressing the keys making me seem like I had actually been too engulfed in my work to even care that he'd left.

In truth, I'd locked myself in his room out of spite. I'd laid in bed angrily, then I'd paced angrily, then I'd tried to work angrily, and had instead ended up sitting in front of the screen staring angrily at it.

"Have fun?" I asked sarcastically, not even bothering to glance past my obnoxiously expensive laptop screen.

"Oodles." He grumbled in a tone sounding exhausted and annoyed. In my peripherals I could see him walking past me and into the bathroom.

"You're not even going to apologize?" I asked in disbelief and set the laptop down gently. "Honestly Alessio!"

"I am not in the mood tonight Kate." He groaned as I followed him.

The sound of my name, a name I had constantly requested he use when we'd first met, hurt when it reached my ears. I was just about to tell him off for being such an arrogant prick earlier when I reached the bathroom doorway and saw him.

He didn't bother to fold his jacket, but rather throw it on top of the toilet seat. He was covered in blood. He rolled the red stained sleeves of his button down shirt up to his elbow and turned the sink water on.

I cut between him and the sink and put my hands on his bloody chest. "My God Alessio-"

"It's not mine." He said quickly and took me by the arms and forced me away from the sink so he could wash his hands.

"W-what happened?" I gasped watching the pink water running down the drain. He didn't answer, not so much as a glance my way. "Alessio, what the hell happened?" I demanded and forced my way between him and the sink again. "Talk to me!" I pleaded.

"I said not tonight!" He snapped back in a harsh tone that moved me away from him.

I watched him for a few moments in silence in utter shock. He washed his hands and then undid his shirt, after taking his shirt off and throwing it on top of his jacket he washed his hands again and then stalked out of the bathroom.

His moving away from me snapped me out of my daze and I followed after him. "Whose blood is that Alessio?" He didn't answer. "Did you, I mean, is he dead?" I probed further with still no answer. "Alessio!"

He turned around sharply. "What?" He yelled and threw his hands into the air making me flinch backwards. "What the hell do you want? I told you not now. I told you. You know who the hell I am and what the fúck I do. You've seen me kill a man point blank, you've heard of the shit that goes down. Quit acting so Goddamned surprised. If you can't handle it fúcking leave. I already tried once today to get you to go the fúck home but you just don't listen! Just go now. Go! Get the fúck out of my sight." His hands waved vividly through the air as he spoke and when he was finished he motioned towards the door and kept his arm extended out that way. Waiting for me to leave.