Thoma | Souper Warm Evening

The distant sounds of chopping and pot lids clanging together slowly wakes you up from your relaxing slumber as you roll out of bed, wanting to head out to the kitchen to see what the commotion's all about. You almost don't want to get out of the immense warmth if it isn't for the familiar smell of your favorite soup wafting into your room, triggering your hunger.

In the kitchen, you spot your roommate Thoma moving around the stove area, reaching up to the seasoning cabinet to gather the necessary ingredients as he's constantly stirring the boiling pot. You can hear soft humming coming from the male, making you smile faintly.

Quietly approaching him, you wrap your arms around his torso and peer over his side to watch him cook.

"Woah?!" he yelps in surprise, his hand knocking over one of the seasoning bottles, spilling the contents all over the counter. Some of it falls to the floor, decorating the while tiles with a pop of color.

Whoops. You should've known better since he gets startled every time you do this, but then again, his cute reactions make your heart flutter, so this act of yours just happens naturally.

Whenever you form a close friendship with someone (like him for example), you like showing your adoration by hugging them randomly throughout the day, particularly when they're doing something that requires focus and attention. Perhaps it is also because you appreciate the way people look whenever they're so indulged in whatever it is that they're doing.

And when it comes to Thoma, his specialty is cooking. You have a lot of night classes this semester, so you often come home fairly late in the evening, craving for a nice meal. It just so happens that the roommate you first connected with is a great chef and genuinely enjoys cooking, which just makes your college experience more bearable with all these late-night lessons.

The blonde-haired male turns his head slightly to look at you in embarrassment, his face flushing. "What did I say about hugging me out of nowhere...?" he reminds gently, but he ends up sighing and shaking his head. "Never mind." 

You laugh and move away from him, crouching down to clean up the mess that you caused, sweeping the seasoning into a pile before picking it up in one swipe. The damp paper is discarded in the trash bin.

"Thanks for cleaning that up." He smiles, his face relaxing to a neutral expression. "Are you feeling better after that nap? You aren't wrapped up in a blanket anymore, so I take that as a good sign?"

"Mhm. Still a bit fuzzy to the head, but it's a lot better. I know your soup's going to heal me, though."

Thoma simply chuckles in response as he goes back to stirring the soup a few more times before ladling a spoonful into a bowl that he grabbed from earlier while you were cleaning up. A spoon is set in the delicious broth, and he sets the steaming bowl down onto the table.

"Eat up! There's plenty more in the pot." He scoots a chair back for you and pats at it.

Thanking him, you nestle into the seat and take a careful sip of the soup. As always, he excels in every dish he makes for you, and you don't find any complaints; the flavors are just right. Warmth immediately spreads throughout your body, making you nod and smile in approval.

Your roommate sighs in relief upon seeing the signs of enjoyment. His green eyes sparkle, watching you take even more sips of the soup. He looks like a proud father who's seeing his kid eat vegetables for the first time without spitting them out.

You blow a spoonful of the delectable soup and raise the spoon up to him, your hand cupping underneath to catch any of the liquid that dare to spill off. His eyes widen as he stammers over his words, his brows furrowed.

"It's okay! I can get myself a bowl," he assures you with a smile, but it's futile as he sighs once more, attempting to convince you again. "Really, there's more—okay, okay, I'll try some..."

He blows on it gently once and tastes it, humming in satisfaction as he gives you a closed-eyed smile. Small moments like these with your roommate Thoma never fails to make your difficult nights that much warmer.

-♡-

Thoma, you make miso happy. I adore you from my head tomatoes.