Healed (Eliza & Chad) - Prologue

Chad's POV

"Waaah, waaah, waaah" that's the first thing that greets me as soon as I step through the front door. I drop the keys in the bowl by the front door. Climbing the steps two at a time I make my way to Aspen's room.

She continues to cry as I open the bedroom door and see her in the crib. "Eliza," I call out.

Not getting a response I pick up Aspen. Smelling her I get a whiff of shit. Some of it has leaked out of the nappy and down her legs.

What has Eliza been up to all day? She was fine this morning before I left for work.

"Let's get you cleaned up princess and then I'll get you some food." I carry her to the laundry and put the tap on. I fill it up. Testing the temperature I make sure that it's okay before putting her in the sink. I wash her body and sing a song for her.

She quietens down as I sing to her. I put water over her and wash her hair. After the bath I dry her up before wrapping the towel around her small body and carrying her back to the bedroom. Where I change her nappy and put clean clothes on her.

Opening the bedroom door I see Eliza asleep in bed. She hasn't moved from that spot since I left this morning. "Eliza?"

Eliza opens her eyes and looks at me. "You're home?" She croaks out.

"Yes, I am. Did you hear Aspen crying for you? She wanted to be changed and fed."

She looks away from me and puts the covers over head. "Leave me alone."

I need to get her help. It's not like her to distance herself from our daughter and myself.

 It's not like her to distance herself from our daughter and myself