CHAPTER 86

Ryan's POV 

When I woke up again, I see a lady seated beside me. But it isn't her.

It is Celina.

And she has a bright smile on her face.

My emotions are still all over the place because of what happened between Dad and me and also Valerie.

I wonder why I still call him Dad. He doesn't deserve to be called that. I don't even need to ask him the truth. I don't need to ask him if he is my Father because apparently, he isn't.

I wonder how Celina got to know and why she is here.

As if hearing my thought, she clears her throat and places a hand on my arm. "Your mom called me. How are you feeling now?"

I do not reply. 

Valerie of all people should understand me. She doesn't. She always opposes every single thing I say or do and it is extremely annoying.

She was acting like my Dad. The way he condemns everything I do and I couldn't help but let her out.

I need to think about everything and let it sink in me that I really do not have a Father. My mom has a lot of questions to answer when she is fine.

"Erhmm, I hope you don't feel any pain?" she demands again but I do not respond. "Why did you use this hospital instead of the family's hospital? I almost lost my way but…"

"Can you please keep quiet?" I cut her short in anger.

I know I am just being aggressive but I do not care. The last person I want here with me is her. I might still be very much mad at Valerie but her presence is much preferable.

Why does she have to act like she has me wrapped around her fingers? Is there even a single thing I have done that she really appreciated and expressed it with words?

Nothing.

Absolute nothing!

She has been of great help, no doubt but she is really annoying. 

"Sorry", Celina mutters under her breath before falling silent. 

Asking her to keep them shut was an indirect way of asking her out but she isn't getting it.

"I saw Fred with Valerie earlier, are they friends now?" she breaks the moment of silence and my thoughts with the question which jerks me back to reality.

Fred?

Did he come to the hospital? Did Valerie call him right after I sent her out? Did she do that to spite me or what?

As much as I want to ask Celina what else she saw, I keep mute. After all, this is what she is good at.

Speaking ill of Valerie. Or acting like we are more than friends so Valerie can get the wrong idea.

I know Celina might be doing the same thing by bringing up the topic of Fred. She wants me to get the wrong idea and start to imagine Fred and Valerie being together and chatting like friends.

I might not want to believe that but I know Valerie and I know what she is capable of.

She will do anything to spite me or take her revenge back on me for what I did to her. Involving Fred is definitely the wrong move because I won't forgive her for that if the same mistake of kissing each other the last time happens again.

I don't even know where we both stand at the moment but I am sure we both need our space. After all, she broke up with me two nights ago for a silly reason.

I didn't ask her out because she broke up with me. I was just mad at her. I didn't want to end up shouting or arguing with her and I wanted to be alone to think things through.

"Fred and I are not on speaking terms anymore so I couldn't ask him why he came to visit a married woman but obviously they still have a thing for each other and I'm sure you are still in the dark about all of that."

She pauses.

I expect her to go on. I don't plan to stop her. For two reasons.

First, to hear all I need to hear.

Secondly, I don't have the strength to tell her to shut the fuck up again.

Suddenly, my stomach rumbles and our eyes meet. I look away in embarrassment.

I don't know what time of the day it is and I can't remember the last time I ate but I am extremely hungry.

"Poor boy, are you hungry?" She teases me with a smile. "I saw the food flask here when I came. I think your wife dropped it and left with her boyfriend."

I turn my eyes to the stool beside the table as she grabs the food flask.

Valerie came back to drop off the food.

My heart almost melted but I have no idea why my anger toward her is this intense. I am not supposed to be mad at her, she has been so helpful and caring.

We will sort this out. Once I am out of here and Mother is safe to go home, we will sort out our differences.

Before I can sit upright so I can eat, Celina scoops some of the food out on a plate and my stomach grumbles again at the sight of it.

With a smile plastered on her face, she takes the spoon offering to feed me but I shake my head weakly and try to take the cutleries from her.

"Please, eat. I just want to be of help. I can see you are still weak", she tells me with that usual innocent look on her face that gives people the wrong idea about who she really is.

I am still weak. I have no idea what the doctor gave me. I only fell. Why am I still here in the hospital after two nights? 

She scoops some of the meal and stretches the spoon toward my mouth. Impulsively, I open my mouth and she begins to feed me.

All of a sudden, I feel thirsty and I signal to her to help me with the water on the stool. She gets up from her chair, drops the food, and grabs a cup to pour in some water for me.

She comes close to my bed and sits beside me, tilting my head so she can help me with the water.

She refuses to let go of the cup so I can drink it myself. Giving up, I let her raise the cup to my open mouth and I gulp it all down.

I expect her to stand up and go back to her seat so she can continue to feed me but she sits still, staring at me with loving eyes.

"Can you…", I pause due to the creaking sound of the door.

We both look towards the door to see Valerie come in. Shock skates her expression and I realize Celina is still sitting beside me on the hospital bed with her well-manicured hand on my head like a woman taking care of her husband.

Before I can say anything to defend myself and stop her from having the wrong idea, she steps out and slams the door shut.

****

Will Valerie get the wrong idea about the position she met them? What was she doing with Fred? Did Celina really saw them together?

Air your views and don't forget to vote❤️