givings; 2.06

Finally
__________

The next day, the boy whose heart was filled with adulation for the girl, decided to show his thanks in the only way he knew how.

He rose, just like the girl had a few days before, early from him deep slumber so that he could have enough time to make a hurried visit to the miniscule plaza near his house; in order to make it to school on time. His determination and set plan made his trip shorter than expected, and when he arrived in the parking lot, he found himself waiting patiently on the hood of his car for the girl. (He had purposely parked in the spot next to hers that was always empty, despite the fact that his was located in a more convient spot.)

When the girl arrived and meticulously (as she did most things) turned into her parking space, he sat up straighter, with one arm behind his back and the other in front of him; casually clutching one of his gifts.

Pale Eyes, as she exited her car, tilted her head curiously and gave the boy a questioning gaze, yet smiled brightly at him. "Good morning." She greeted in her sing song voice. She paused for a moment, taking in the boy's presence. "Not that I don't like it, but is there a reason you've taken an atrocious spot over your more favorable one?"

Rosy Cheeks simply shrugged his broad shoulders (it looked terribly awkward because of the way his arms where positioned) and beamed at the girl. "You'll see in a second." He replied, his nervousness slowly easing. "And good morning to you as well, Pale Eyes."

The girl looked down at her feet in attempts to hide her blushing, but when she heard the boy's feet come into contact with the pavement, her eyes snapped right back towards him. It was like he was a magnent to her attention, the closer he neared, the more she wanted to be by his side. So she followed her heart in that moment and stepped forwards. They both did, until there was nearly a foot between them.

And then the boy took his arm from behind his back and extended it out towards her; a boquet of delicate and brilliantly colored flowers in his grasp. He had helped pick some of them out for the arrangement and had them tied together with a large pale ribbon that reminded him of the green tint of her eyes.

In the other hand, he held a small, plastic carryout cup filled with iced coffee. Her favorite flavor, butter pecan. With no sugar and just cream.

When the girl stared at him, then the items in his hands, with eyes as wide as can be; he laughed softly, enjoying her surprise.

"These.. are for me?" She asked, her voice filled with hesitation. She couldn't believe that anyone would do such a thing for her.

The boy's smile turned into a smirk. "No, they're for your brother." After a short and awkward pause, Rosy Cheeks shook his head, laughing harder as he did so. "Of course they're for you."

The girl began to giggle with him, taking the flowers in her hands first to admire them. She felt lightheaded from happiness as she breathed in their soft and pleasing scent. "They're so beautiful." She whispered.

Just like you. The boy thought, but didn't say a loud. "I remembered what you said about the botanic gardens. And I figured you hadn't been able to go yet, considering the weather. So I brought the flowers to you."

With that, the girl's pale eyes filled with tears, after she realized that no one had ever done such a nice thing for her. She tried to find the words to inform the boy of the fact, but nothing came from her but salty droplets. And she smiled so brightly at the boy as she reached her arms up to hug him tightly, that he remembered why the flowers reminded him so much of her.

__________

Bella's note: oops school has had me going nuts! I just have two big things before exams and I'm so happy. Thank you for all your respect with waiting :-)

This is just a cute little filler though, sorry. And still not fully feeling it because I'm so excited for the ending chapters!!!

Question of the chapter (which I just decided to start doing): What's your favorite movie? :)

I can't decide which mine is.

-xxx