Plan A

© 2013 by Anthea Hall. All Rights Reserved  

This is my attempt at ChickLit, the new category on Wattpad! I'm putting this up for the competition, but I probs won't win. Anyways, hope you enjoy. It will only be three parts, and it has already been written (pretty much). 

Plan A

I’d been kicked out.

            After a year of lounging around at home, unsure of whether or not to go to college, my parents had gotten fed up and sent me packing. According to my aunt, a documentary about a forty-something guy who was still living with his mom had tipped them over the edge.

            So now I, Florence Amelia Siren, was sitting in a dingy motel room with a single ratty suitcase in front of me. The springs of the mattress were digging into my ass like little nails and the door in front of me looked like it had been coffee stained.

            I didn’t want to know what really stained it.

            My cowardly self couldn’t even peak in to see the bathroom I would face in the morning. The sight of it would either make me settle down or have a stroke. Hopefully it would be the former, but it didn’t look promising.

Neither did having a stroke at barley nineteen.

Letting out a loud sigh, I fell back against the bed and stared up at the cracked ceiling. What was I going to do now? Get a job? Apply for school?

            School had only just finished for me; I didn’t want to go back again- even if my parents were willing to pay for it. I felt like I’d only just gotten freedom from all the textbooks and cliché relationships! Why would I want to go through all of that again- only worse?

            Another sigh escaped me. “This is ridiculous.”

            I sat up and pushed myself onto my feet. Dragging the suitcase along the floor, I left it up against the wall before turning back to the bed. Was it safe to sleep in? Or were bedbugs crawling in there like it was their own personal house party?

            I’ll just have to take the chance.

            I reluctantly climbed into the bed and did my best to settle down on one of the sides. My eyes fluttered shut but nothing happened. There was no sense of drowsiness or even a yawn. I couldn’t stop my brain from going a hundred miles an hour.

            It was going to be a long night.

I was sitting in my aunt’s living room.

            It was cluttered and full of all of the things she’d collected during her travels- from incense candles to voodoo dolls. The couch was covered in mismatched pillows, but it was comfortable. More comfortable than the bed I had at the motel.

            Maybe I could just stay over here. Aunt Isobel wouldn’t care.

            But I couldn’t. I had to prove to my parents that I was independent.

Like they said before they chucked me out: “You’re an adult now, Flo. You need to act like one.”   

“Here you are my Flo,” Aunt Isobel cried as she glided into the room. She gave me a hot cup of coffee that I practically guzzled down and a pretty pink cupcake. “What do you think of my new art piece?”

I looked over to the canvas she was pointing to. “It’s… lovely Auntie.”

It so wasn’t. The picture depicted a naked woman lying on a bed, her rolls hanging out for the world to see.