High School Reunion

You park your car in the all too familiar parking lot.

Your old high school.

It's been about six years since you graduated high school.

You're now 24 and a successful photographer.

Of course, you're not as successful as a few of your classmates.

Your closest friends Conan and Olivia both became musicians.

You had the opportunity to be their tour photographer a few years back, an experience you still cherish.

And then there's Jenna.

Now a very successful actor, but that's not how you remember her.

She was your high school sweetheart. You dated for almost 3 years, and you graduated together.

Before you both graduated, you knew things were falling apart.

Both of you wanted different things, a distant future.

So you went your separate ways. I went to different colleges and worked in other industries.

Of course, you moved on from all that (it's what you tell yourself anyway), but you can't lie when you say it's strange to be back.

You turn your engine off and step out of your car.

You're excited to see everyone again and catch up.

Heading through the double doors, you walk through the familiar corridors filled with lockers.

You turn to your right and enter the gym hall, where the reunion occurs.

You walk into the gym hall, looking around to spot your friends.

You feel someone touch your arm and look to see who it is.

"Hey, Y/n, it's good to see you," Jenna says, giving you a soft smile.

"Hi, it's great to see you too! You look amazing" You smile back before the two of you hug.

"Have you seen Olivia or Conan? I was looking for them," you ask.

She nods. "Yeah, I just saw them. Let's go find them together."

The two of you walk together, talking briefly before you find your friends.

"Y/n, you look amazing. I'm so glad you're here," Olivia says excitedly, pulling you into a tight hug.

You grin, greeting Conan before the four of you talk happily.

After a while, you walk around the building, and Jenna joins you.

The two of you walk to one of your old classrooms.

"This was our old biology class, wasn't it?" Jenna asks, sitting at one of the desks.

You chuckle, nodding. "Oh yeah, I remember it perfectly. My worst class by far."

Jenna smiles. "Hey, this was the first class we shared. It's how we met, remember?"

Flashback

Sitting down at your desk, you sigh.

You hated Biology. It was a complex subject for you to grasp. The teacher was nice, but you still dreaded having to sit through lesson after lesson, feeling confused.

"Good morning, everyone. Before we start today's class, we have someone new joining. She just transferred from another school, so I want you all to make her feel welcome. She should be here any minute now-"