Chapter 27

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

Tick

Tock

The wooden shack where I was kicked out must've engulfed into flames because the once moldy shelter turned into dust.

The strangest thing was there were no bodies, left was just a wall clock amongst the pile of debris with its big hand stuck at 1.

"I dont see anyone." El nonchalantly kicked rubbles to pass the time. She never wanted to come back here nor was she interested whether they're dead or alive. She made a fuss about going to places we've already been instead of exploring the island now that there's no restraints to hold us back.

But she came along anyway. She's aware that she's weak right now, and she needs people she can put a little bit of trust in.

"Great insight El! We couldnt have known!" Lucas teased her with a cheeky smile. Its as if everything were a dream. Its as if nothing changed.

El was pissed off yet she didnt act out. Afterall, it was him who bandaged her all up.

I felt Kurt creeped up behind my back, out of all of us, he's the one who changed the most. Although most of the day hes still grumpy, cold, and angry, but all he really needs are warm hugs.

He leaned his head on mine, and sighed of boredom. "Where are we going now?"

I've been thinking the same.

Since finding out about this shack, I began to think that it was perfect. The coins wont work here so there shouldnt have cameras around. And so, the plan was to take over and execute everyone who knew of its existence.

But the plan had been foiled.

It was easy to guessed that this little secret have been exposed. An unlocked band have been found buried amongst the clutter. The same band that would detached if killed. Now I wonder, how many of these are lying beneath us.

I wonder on who could've taken the dead bodies.

I shifted a weight from one foot to another, being safe was never an option. I was just being hopeful -shrouded by the innocence of this body. I should've known that aside from cameras, there are other ways we can be tracked.

I glance at the seemingly plain band on my wrist before lifting my head up. "Let's go to the dorm."

"Are you sure about this? What if everyone thought the same and we're to get ambush?"

"Yikes! Just thinking about seeing lots of them gives me the heebie-jeebies." Lucas drammatically twitches. Him and El have been talking nonstop, though Im not sure if they're serious or not.

I had thought that Kurt was the weirdest for clinging onto my arms despite being so tall, but he have been keeping quiet. The two however.... acted as if they were saints.

"Kennn..." She whined, her hands wrapping on my other arm. "Can we like go back? I've seen enough movies to know where this is going."

"Doesnt that make it more exciting! It's like the haunted house we always go to on the school festival, but this time we're allowed to beat up the ghosts."

She burst out laughing. Tears welled up her eyes and she repeatedly slapped her knee. "That was hella fun! The four of us were called to the Councilor's office for knocking out a teeth or two!"

"Im sure that was his whole jaw!" Lucas jumped on excitement, when he tripped and caught by El it only made their joy echoed some more.

The trees sways along the cold breeze. It began all over again, walking on the ghastly woods hoping we'd reach our destination while keeping a lookout on our surroundings. Because nature would sometimes mould into sillhouettes, the unmoving ones -with dark orbs that glints when hit by sunrays. But then, when we turn to them they mould back into trees or plants...... Even nature are our enemy.

"We're here." Kurt softly whispered on my ear and I shivered on the cold. Somehow he moved his arms and draped them across my shoulder. It made me closer towards him, that I can feel the expensive fabric rubbing against my elbow, and shaped out the buttons running down his belly. "I hope its not dangerous there. I don't like having to kill someone." He murmured.

I parted my lips to console him, but then I have nothing to console. We only knew each other by names, and even names cant be trusted.

"You're joking!" Lucas chimed in. "Don't you love it when blood would splashed around and you're just draped with its warmth."

"But then it gets cold so fast. And I never wanted everything I cared about to get cold." His eyes made its way to mine. With the cold, it made it seem like he was shrouded with heartache. "Its sad..."

"Yeah yeah, we get it. You dont want to kill blah blah -you wanted to order someone to kill for you instead." El snatched me away from Kurt. She looked him dead in the eyes and growled if he even dared to snatch me back. Being betrayed had left a mark on her heart.

I can feel Kurt burning a hole on her back, but its only the breeze that spoke back.

"What are we doing now?" El sounded worried.

I pondered for a little while, that if its a good idea or not but then we wouldn't get anything if we wont move. We cant just wait. We need to take action. "There's a guardhouse on each dorm, and as I remember they have keys in there." I halted, waiting if someone would object but they only anticipated on whats next. "They both sit at the top. We're lucky if both of them got the keys but if not, then we'd start all over again and go to the other dorm... We'd start with the nearest dorm." I pointed to the boy's dorm in front of us.

"What if people are inside and they don't like us?" Lucas' voice faltered.

"Then... We'll just have to kill anyone who gets on our way."

The droopy worried eyes were an obvious faux. His mouth spread into a smile so wide they quaver into a dark slitted flesh. His eyes lit up, and I didn't realized till it mirrors my own that we have shared the excitement.

I cant deny.

All we wanted was to kill.

——————————————
Dont forget to Vote! ❤️❤️