Chapter 2

I let my hair flow through the strong wind. "I've completely forgotten how cool your car is." Jeremy's car was way cooler than mine since his car roof can be taken off automatically by using his voice.

He chuckles, "I'm volunteering to responsibly take you home and to school. I'll go tell this to Aunt Lucy and Uncle Natsu." He pulls up in front of my house, speaking to the car to automatically pull the roof back up again to its place.

"Come on. Get out. Your parents are inside, right?" He asks, forcing to open the door of the house.

I sigh then fold my arms together. "Dad's working at the company-thingy while Mom is working at Fairy magazines. Geez. Is that a hard thing to remember?" I groan when I open the door using my own house key. "Come on in."

Jeremy comes in, plopping himself on the couch. "Where's your pet, by the way?" He asks, looking around.

"Oh. You mean, Happy? Here, boy." I called as I got my notepad out and started writing something.

"WHOA!" I was startled when I heard Jeremy's sudden exclamation, making me turn around. He was carrying a fat, sluggish-looking blue cat. "What are you feeding to this guy?"

"Fish." I stated blandly.

"Fish!? But, aren't those...healthy? Non-fattening?" He looked creeped out as he puts Happy back down on the floor.

"I don't know but, he eats 10 pounds of fish everyday." I laughed at my answer as I offered Jeremy a glass of orange and a plate of cookies then, sat next to him.

"Isn't that...gonne kill him? I mean, he's become an overweight kitten."

Right when Jeremy said the word overweight - Happy hissed at him with his tail and fur lifted up in the air.

"Don't insult Happy. Food is better than having useless boyfriends." I roll my eyes at the thought when I had a a piece of cookie.

Jeremy chuckles at my answer, "So, are you gonna look for another one?"

I shrugged. "I dunno. I-I can't right now... maybe I'll just study and have a better future to prove him that he's lost the best thing that's ever happened to him." I say with pride.

"Good." Jeremy nodded in agreement.

"Oh, but I can't! I-I have lousy grades and... and... I-I don't have any special talent to join in some popular club to-" I was cut off when Jeremy shushes me using his index finger.

"Nash, you have your voice." Jeremy stated proudly.

My eyebrows had furrowed at his statement. "Uh, we all have our voice."

"Idiot." He bumped his fist on top of my head. "I meant - your singing voice."

I blushed at the thought. "Wait, uh, NO. NO. NO. I-I can't! I-I don't want to!" I crossed my arms together across my chest and looked away from him.

"Join the musical play the school is gonna make." Jeremy suggested as he tapped me on the shoulder. "Come on. You're gonna be great if you just tried."

"No. No. NO. I can't and I won't, Jeremiah!" I snickered at his real name.

I saw him blush, "N-Nashi! For the last time! It's Jeremy!"

"Hey, don't blame me. Uncle Jellal wanted a girl and they didn't know your gender back then." I snickered, remembering that moment.

"WHATEVER!" He yelled, crossing his arms together then covered boh sides of his ears.

(Brr-brr)* "Oh, wait, hold that thought." I stopped giggling to get serious as to who was calling me. I looked at the screen and saw the name; Rainbow Fullbuster calling . . . .

"Hello? Rain! It's rain." I whispered to jeremy when he looked questioned on who was calling me. Rainbow Fullbuster is Aunt Juvia and Uncle Gray's daughter.

"Hi, Nash!" I heard her giggle. "You'll never guess what I just did-"

"You got a boyfriend?" I snickered a bit. "Just kiddin'."

"Well... I passed the entrance exam so, I'm moving to your school this week."

"Wow. That's--great. I'm looking forward to see you here." I laughed weakly then cleared my throat when Jeremy tugged on my shoulder. "Uh, I think Jeremy wants to talk to you, Rain. Here."

I handed Jeremy the phone. His smile widened. I rolled at his expression as he chats with Rain. "Hey, bow." Yeah, I call her Rain. Jeremy calls her bow. Pretty sick.

"Oh, really? Well, that's great. At least the four of us will be together in one school. It's gonna be sick!" Jeremy chuckled. "Okay, okay. Yeah, bye.." Jeremy hangs up, giving me my phone back.

"Four? Who's the other one?" I asked while shrugging at his statement.

"Yeah. Gale is coming home this weekend." Jeremy chuckles. (A/N: Gale is pronounced as Gayl) Gale Redfox is the son of Aunt Levy and Uncle Gajeel.

"Well, that's--good news." I told him, clapping both of my hands. "Do you want spaghetti? Meat loaf? Or...something?" I offered Jeremy as I lurked inside the kitchen.

"Ah. How about fish?" He chukles, "No. Stop. I was just kidding."

I roll my eyes at him, "Ha-ha. Very funny." I sigh, remembering what Rainbow said when we were like, fifteen.

●●●

'Remember, Nash, I like Jeremy so, don't go and steal him away from me, okay? But, if you do - I'll be accepting you as my rival. What an irony. Our moms used to be rivals over my dad. Yet mom won.'

'Ah, my mom doesn't like Uncle Gray. And I don't plan on stealing Jer. He's totally not my type.' I shook my head.

'That's good to hear.' She smiles, skipping back to their car as she waved goodbye.

●●●

I looked in Jeremy's direction. No. I can't break my promise to rainbow. She will surely never forgive me.