SIXTY EIGHT

LXVIII

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I know, I know I shouldn't be calling. After you didn't turn up to the fire pit, I should've just assumed that you wanted nothing else to do with me," He paused. "But I need your help, Cal."

The red head had the phone pressed against her ear as she listened to JJ's voicemail.

"Luke's escaped. He wanted help getting off the island. And I need my sister there to help me." JJ's voice cracked. "I can't do this without you. I'll be at the Island inn dock, in the next twenty minutes. Please be there."

Cal looked at the time stamp on the voice mail, it was sent ten minutes ago. She could get to the dock in the next ten minutes, Rafe had gone in his car, but if she ran, she'd get there.

The girl didn't even hesitate in running down to the doc. She wasn't sure if it was because she wanted to see Luke off or if she wanted to support JJ.

Her mind was racing, she wasn't even sure how Luke managed to get out. She highly doubted that it was for good behaviour, especially considering his track record of physical abuse and his lack of ability to bite his tongue.

"JJ!" Cal shouted as she ran down the dock, getting there just in time to see Luke driving the boat away and JJ stood there with Kie.

Her heart sank.

"You let him go?" She scoffed, clenching her jaw. "You let him leave?"

"He's our dad, Cal." JJ paused. "He's never coming back. We're safe now."

Cal ran her hand over her face, her eyes brimming with tears that she daren't let fall, not in front of JJ or Kie. Not anymore, she wasn't allowing them to see her as weak.

The girl scoffed before snapping,

"We were safe with him behind bars." She ran her tongue over her bottom lip. "You were safe because I told him to kill me and never touch you again-"

"I think you're been a bit unfair." Kie cut in.

"I think you should keep your nose out of family business, Kiara." Cal's eyes turned dark before glancing down and see the pull bottles in JJ's hands. "I bet you had to steal those from him too, huh?"

JJ guiltily lowered his head. She was right. He did have to steal them from him. Luke wasn't the best father, he knew that, but he was all they had.

"Yeah, I thought so." Cal angrily wiped her tears. "You've let the one man, who always hurt us free. He's now able to hurt anyone he comes into contact with."

"He won't-"

"You don't know that J!" Cal shook her head. "I can't do this right now. I'm sorry, I've got to go." She snatched the pill bottles from his hands. "So you don't turn out like dad."

JJ's heart broke. He knew that his relationship with his sister was messed up. He knew that he let her down, that he failed her. His one job was to protect her and every time he tried, he failed.

Cal threw the pills into the nearest trash can once she had got far away enough from JJ and Kie. She finally allowed her tears to fall as she walked the streets. She hadn't even realised that the sky had gone dark. Which meant she must've been walking for hours.

Rafe pulled up beside the girl, he would recognise the red hair anywhere, they had the cross in the back of the truck, and he was so excited to tell her.

"Sweetheart?" Rafe walked over to the girl, his arms wrapping around her waist as she fell into him. Her hands clutching his shirt as she sobbed into him.

"Luke's gone, JJ helped him."

Rafe pulled away from Cal, his large hands cupping her face, forcing her to look at him. He whispered for her to take deep breaths, which she did. Mimicking his breathing.

"My family's fallen apart." She whispered gently. "You're all I have left, please don't leave me."

"I won't, baby, I'm not going anywhere." He paused. "Imma take care of you, I promise. Come on, get in the car."

Rafe helped Cal climb in, making her sit between him and Renfield. He gave the man a warning look, silently telling him to keep his hands off.

He started up the engine and continued to drive down the road. Cal's head rested against Rafe's shoulder, she just wanted to feel safe and close to him. His hand rested on her thigh and pulled her closer as they drove past the pogues.

He smirked, knowing that they foolishly left the cross at the Church. Renfield saluted to them, but Rafe just made sure that Cal didn't see that they crashed, otherwise she wouldn't wanted to stop and they couldn't, not now. Not now they were so close.

All he had to do was drive to the warehouse.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan