Part 30

Shinso looked up at the bright florescent lights of the hospital, sighing. Some of his classmates had been injured by the gas, and there had been a few others with injuries the hospital had to take care of. They had been given the option to go home, but none of them did. They needed to be together as a class after this sort of thing. Both class 1-a and class 1-b.

Monoma hadn't even been belittling them lately. He was just sitting outside Kendo and Tetsutetsu's room looking forlorn. When Iida had gone up to him and told him who was there, he didn't even say anything bad about class 1-a. All he did was press his face up against the window and stared wide-eyed and scared into the room. That might have been the first time Shinso felt bad for him, even though he had been chopped on the neck several times in front of him before.

The nurses and doctors said that everyone there was going to be alright. When they had asked about their teachers, all the doctors there shared a look and said that everyone except Izuku--sensei was fine. They also said that their teachers would need to tell them a few things about the incident later, but they were currently dealing with some of the fallout from the situation.

Recovery Girl had also dropped by, but she said it was best that she didn't heal anyone there since they didn't have the energy for it. They would have to rely on good old-fashioned rest to get them feeling better. Nobody had really gotten much sleep that night, all waiting to hear more about what had happened to Bakugo. Because as much as the angry guy made them all want to punch him, he was a fellow classmate and they did care about him.

Especially the self-proclaimed 'Bakusquad'. They had taken all of this the hardest. Usually they were the ones prancing around and talking to people, but now they just sat down together and stayed quiet. It was hard for Shinso to see Kaminari like that, and he didn't know how to cheer him up. He had never been good with people, and he never really viewed it as a problem before. But now he really wanted to be able to make Kaminari laugh, just so he didn't look so sad again. What is this... I'm not entirely sure I like it. I don't think...

"Hitoshi Shinso?" Shinso looked up to see one of the nurses holding a clipboard and staring at the line of students. He hesitantly raised his hand, not quite sure what she was going to say. "Your father says he needs to see you. He's waiting in room 43."

Shinso nodded and got up to leave, ignoring the questioning faces of his classmates. Todoroki in particular was boring his eyes into Shinso. He could even feel them on him when he turned the corner. His friend was definitely single-minded, that was for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaminari stared off in the direction that Shinso had gone, trying to see who he was going to. Well, he knew that Shinso was going to see his dad, but he didn't know who that was yet. Whenever he had asked, Shinso had gotten evasive. It was starting to be suspicious, and he kept seeing Todoroki take out a notebook whenever the subject was brought up.

Bakugo had- no. He had to distract himself. It sucked whenever his thoughts started to go down that path, and he had to stop himself. Mina and Sero were trying to make sure that Kirishima was okay, since Mina had known Kirishima since middle school and Sero's tape can be used as a tissue. Kirishima hadn't needed it yet, but they were going to be prepared for anything. It was a way to distract themselves from Bakugo's kidnapping, too.

But that wasn't working for Kaminari. He had been distracting himself by looking at Shinso's hair, and how fluffy it was, but now Shinso was gone. And above that, he was curious about why he was gone. Why didn't his dad just come and talk to him in front of them? Or, if he couldn't do that, why didn't he at least come get him instead of sending a nurse out? Something was fishy here.