THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
' WATCH YOUR FUCKING HANDS. '

The Umbrella Academy had tension between them which seemed more like prolonged discomfort to Eddie. She was cold, and as much as she tried to hide it, she was sure they would soon notice her shivering.

"Can we at least look at the Kugelblitz before we hear your plan?" Eddie spoke up, and although she asked a question, her tone wasn't waiting for an invitation. She rose to her feet, wobbling slightly before straightening.

The sparrows shared a glance, and Eddie stared at them expectantly.

Ben sighed before getting up.

When she reached the basement, her eyes immediately lightened. She moved forward slowly, eyebrows raised. "So you're the little shit-stirrer, hm?"

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Fei stopped by her side, and Eddie's lips quirked.

She hummed in agreement.

Lila scoffed. "That's what took Stanley."

"Along with a few other billion people," Diego added.

"Yeah, who I didn't know and don't care about."

"Right. So it's all about you." Fei raised an eyebrow, her voice dry.

"All of us are irrelevant," Five interrupted, stopping beside Eddie. "This thing's gonna take the whole damn universe."

Luther shifted. "What is it made of?"

Eddie glanced at Sloane, "Please tell me it's micro black holes collapsing at increasingly short intervals."

Sloane nodded slowly. The fact that Eddie knew took her words away. The Sparrow glanced at Luther, who gave her a knowing grin.

"Why aren't we getting sucked inside?"

"We don't know," Sloane replied.

Eddie clapped her hands, a grin seeping on her features. "Fuck, I shouldn't be finding this so exciting."

"Well?" Fei prompted, voice still dry. "You seem to know all of the other answers."

Eddie glanced at her. "Oh." She looked back at the Kugelblitz. "My hypothesis is that because neither of us is supposed to be here, we're cancelling it out."

"An impossibility for an impossibility," Five agreed. "The universe is a sucker for balance."

"Grace has been tracking the waves," Fei replied. "Next one is due in three hours."

Diego shifted on his feet. "All right, so what do we do?"

"We trap it," Sloane replied simply.

Eddie jumped on the spot, clapping again. "Dyson sphere?"

"Yeah."

Five clicked his tongue. "Okay. Confinement factor?"

"0.98 at peak energy flux," Sloane answered.

"Tensile strength?"

"UTS ceiling of 10,000 gigapascals."

Allison spoke from where she leaned against the wall with her arms crossed, "What do you think, Five?"

Eddie was too caught up in her excitement to notice Allison's tone or ignorance of her.

"Could work," he replied. "Or we could all die horribly."

Allison shrugged. "I'm in."

Ben shook his head, voice sharp. "You're not the one we need."

"Excuse you?" she shot back.