SEVENTY ONE

LXXI

OBLIVION . . . 𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
She was his drug and without her he felt like he was going insane.

ACT TWO

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal was making her way towards the Tweenforward hull. Admittedly, she had no clue where she was going, so she was just following the signs.

"Rafe?" Cal's eyes landed on the boy, who had stopped walking.

"Go in the room, I'll see you soon." Rafe reassured. "Take this." He handed Cal a gun, before walking away.

Cal nodded, but not before noticing the long hair
behind the corner. So, she quickly hid behind the corner. She watched as JJ and Kie jumped out and locked the doors.

"JJ?" Cal called out for her brother. "What are you doing?"

"Cal?" JJ's eyes widened, unsure as to what she was doing on the boat. He let go of a scoff. "I should've known, you're on his side."

The red heads eyes brimmed with tears. He didn't understand, but of course he wouldn't. His only concern was his friends and that stupid gold. He didn't care about his family.

"God. JJ you're so obsessed with the gold that you can't even see how much you hurt me." Cal allowed a singular tear to roll down her cheek. "You left me in that hospital. You let Luke go. After years of physical and emotional abuse, JJ, you just let him go."

JJ stared straight ahead at Cal, it was like she wasn't even his sister anymore. The girl stood in front of him, he couldn't recognise her.

"Let us go, Cal." Kie spoke up.

Cal just let out a cry. She pulled the gun that Rafe had previously given her from the waistband of her jeans and pointed it to JJ.

It killed her to hold him at gun point. But Rafe meant everything to her. He was there for her when JJ wasn't. He protected her when JJ didn't. He loved her when JJ couldn't.

"I'm your brother. Your twin. You won't kill me." JJ took a step forward.

Cal broke down, lowering the gun, which gave JJ just enough time to wrap his hand around the gun and throw it, his other hand cupping Cal's gave, covering her mouth and nose. The girls eyes widened as JJ cut off her oxygen supply. She tried to fight him, but his grip on her was too strong.

Her brother. Her family. It was destroyed.

"I'm sorry, Cal. I'm so sorry." He whispered as his sister fell limp in his arms. JJ made sure to gently lay the girl down before quickly rushing off with Kie to help the others.

When Cal came too, her head rested in Rafe's lap as his fingers combed through her hair. She stirred and turned to face him.

"He's gone right?" Cal whispered, making Rafe look down at the girl. "JJ I mean."

"He's gone, sweetheart. I'm sorry." Rafe helped the girl as she slowly sat up. His hand resting gently on the small of her back.

"Good." Cal gulped. "I don't want him near me ever again." She looked up at the boy through her lashes. "Promise me, that if we ever see him again, you won't let him near me?"

"I promise." Rafe tucked a piece of stray hair behind the girls ear.

Cal leant forward and connected their lips, desperately wanting to feel him against her. His hands gripped her hips and pulled her on top of him. She began to grind against him, making Rafe hum in response.

The boy pulled away first, his dark eyes staring deeply into hers. Cal began to play with the ends of his hair. Neither of them spoke, instead they not found comfort in one another's silence.

Rafe hadn't ever felt more in love with one person. Cal consumed him. She was his whole life and God be damned if anything ever happened to her, he wouldn't hesitate on killing the person that hurt her.

And right now he was enraged at the fact that JJ knocked her out and that he didn't kill him. That he didn't pull the trigger and finish him off.

"Where's your dad?"

"I'm bed, John B nearly killed him." Rafe spoke up. "I've decided to step up for the family, take care of everyone." He paused. "That includes you."

He fiddled with the signet ring on his pinky, before pulling it off and placing it on Cal's ring finger.

"A promise ring, to say that I'll always protect you from harm."

A small smile made its way to Cal's lips. It was the first smile that Rafe had seen in days. Weeks even. And it made him so happy to see.

"God, I'm so in love with you." He couldn't help but tell her. He just wanted her to know that she was special to him. "And when we get on this island and off this boat, I'm gonna show you just how special you are, sweetheart."

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newmann
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ thesaintsseries & leeandhan