Chapter 8: A Nervous Shourya.

At The Singhania's Mansion:

Raj was sitting in the living room with Neel. "Bas kr aab. Stop sulking. Jo hona tha who hogaya, ab tu apne bete aur bahu ke bare mein soch."

(stop it now, what was going to happen has happened. Now you just worry about your son and daughter-in-law.)

"Bhai, mera Rohan aiesa karega khabhi socha nahi tha. Bas ab yehi umeed hai ki Meera beti Shourya ke liye haan krde, aur humari izzat bach jaye." Neel says.

(Brother, I never thought my Rohan would do something like this. Now I just hope that Meera child says yes to Shourya, and our reputation and respect stays in tact.)

"Raj is right. Don't dwell on what has happened. Look at Reema, she's taking such good care of her bahu, spoiling her with jewellery and sarees" Their mother, Sunita devi states.

As they were talking and trying to make Neel feel better, Raj's phone started ringing. It flashed Suraj's name as he holds it in his hand, gaining everyone's attention. Raj steps away from the living room, and calms his heartbeats before picking up.

"Hello, Suraj. How are you?"

"Bohot acche hain bhai saab." Came the reply. Raj begins to smile, looks back at his brother and mother. They are also waiting with anticipation, Sunita devi's hands folded as she prays. Raj doesn't want to jump to conclusions. "Suraj, iska matlab. .?" Suraj laughs as he gazes at his angel.

(We are very good brother.)

(Suraj, does that mean. . . ?)

"Hamari Meera ne hain krdi hai! Aur hum mese kisi ko be koi aitraaz nahi hai."

(Our Meera has said yes, and we don't have any objections either.)

"Sachi! Virat beta ko bhi nahi?"

(Really, not even Virat?)

"Nahi bhai saab, balki aaj subhah usne khud yeh baat shuru ki thi."

(No, in fact, he was the one to begin the conversation this morning.)

Raj turns and gives his awaiting audience a thumbs up, resulting in a silent cheer from Neel and Sunita Devi.

"Meera se baat ho sakti hai kya?"

(Can I speak to Meera?)

Suraj calls her over and hands her the phone. She shakes her head, but her baba's encouraging smile and gesture to talk, gives her some confidence. Meera takes a deep breath to calm her nerves, she speaks into the phone ever so quietly, gazing up at her father as he wraps his arm around his daughter for comfort.

"Na-Namaste uncle."

"Namaste betaji, aapko pata bhi hai aapne hume kitni badi Khushi di hai? Thank you."

(Namaste my child, do you have any idea how happy you have made us today?)

"Uncle, please don't say that."

"Rohan ne jo kiya, uske liye bhi to aapse maafi mangni thi. We're all very sorry, Neel to bohot shaminda feel kr raha hai."

(We also have to apologise for what Rohan has done. . . . .Neel is very ashamed.)