Surprises, One After Another Part 2

"You okay?"

"Peachy." I grumbled.

Kaito look at me, before signaling for us to take a short break in the semi-ruined café.

If I close my eyes for a moment, I can pretend it was a normal day where I have my usual order, instead tearing open wrapped up rations and water bottle.

"You don't look okay."

I sighed.

"Have you ever discovering that someone is hiding something from you?"

"...does those outsiders do something?"

"They don't give me hard time, or trying to betray us, if that's what you're asking."

"Then what?"

I don't know.

How about magic is a thing, as well psychic ability that I've always thought as pony trick at tv show? That my worldview had been flipped upside down, again? How about the fact Yuzu's monster, who looks like her and Ruri and probably how they would looks like if they're about my age or slightly older, talked or more like argued with Dark Rebellion whose grunt and roar is perfectly understandable to her, as well Yuzu, and Yuto? How about Yuto's headaches and spacing out is because his power is going out of control?

I can't exactly blab it in open space like this, can I?

"It's complicated." Is all I can answer Kaito with. "Everything is complicated. God. I wish we're back when things are simpler."

Back when all I have to worried is passing my exam and score a good university, as well keeping handsy persistent guys away from my sister. Back when the only troublesome duels I have to anticipated is Heartland Duel Carnival. Back when duel is just fun games and doesn't decide my freedom. Back when magic is just sleigh of hand and effect of ARC System and not a real thing that can break natural order.

His shoulder sagged. "You're not the only one."

Again.

Fuck Academia and Fuck Akaba Leo.

May they rot in hell!

Or Shadow Realm.

Apparently that was Duel Spirit counterpart of hell and if you know how, you can send someone there.

That Ruri-lookalike monster did give me a warning look before launching a rant how Shadow Magic is double edge sword that doesn't care about right or wrong. And attempting to do that was worse than suicide because if it goes wrong, it goes terribly wrong.

I still want to kick Akaba Leo down there.

"So... how was the card making process?"

"...Hiiragi is a help in that front. She seems to know if there's problem so the production team can take care of the problem before it become a problem."

Well.

I'm not surprised.

She did make me cards. In short time. and quite good ones. Not to mention I am not the only ones who get it.

Magic.

Really?

Guess I found default excuse / answer for all weird things that happens.

"Good to hear. How about—" I abruptly stop.

"Shun?"

I shushed him.

"There's someone here." I spoke in hushed voice. "Danger."

Kaito's eyes narrowed. "Academia?"

"Most likely."