Chapter 21- "...a blue butterfly.''

I started thinking about next steps as I laid by Sebastian's side. His face snuggled close to my ear with sounds of a dying owl waking me up as the sun peaked to replace the moonlight. I was not worried about the Boars; we would have no problem handling them if both packs continue to work together.

My worry was Death coming for me. He was a ruthless, unforgiving psychopath. The only reason he allowed me to live after I took his leg was because I was his Alpha's she wolf. He was unable to train confined to a carrier; his reputation for being undefeatable was a running joke and the fear he used to control others came to an end when they threatened him with my name: White Lightning. I knew better than anyone he had the determination to finish what we started years ago. Patience isn't one of his better known qualities; he wouldn't wait to strike. I knew he was plotting his revenge.

Death would be the curse Sebastian feared would come true.

Let him come. You can take his head.

I sighed deeply feeling a chill wash over me. I didn't want to see Death again. Days ago he was a decent memory and I wanted him to remain that way.

"Do you need to get back to White Bear?" Seth said sleepily.

"Are you trying to get rid of me?"

"I want to cover all my bases because we cannot seem to get on the right page." His hand hooked under my hip and hugged me tighter. "I prefer you to stay with me, but if your gut tells you to go I trust you to come back to me."

"Even on the ground instead of your comfy bed."

He chuckled. "Yes, maybe the Ravens have been pampered for too long."

"Breeding babies."

"Let's not push it."

I smiled, turning to face him. "For Nomads, is having a good morning important?"

"My mother woke up at dawn, traded her scraps for fresh food, made us breakfast and we sat down as a family. I didn't see her until the next morning. It is important because it was the best part of my day."

I placed my hand on his cheek. "I haven't forgiven you."

He nodded. "But you can bear the sight of me, so I do a little more twinkling if that is what it will take."

If Mandi was set up then the traitor still lives. What will they do next?

"Are Ravens still on my territory?"

"Yes."

White Bear, there are intruders coming to contaminate the food. Please evacuate to river cole, immediately.

"Tell them to keep watch around the perimeter and check the garden."

Alpha Sapphire, it has already begun. We will evacuate the healthy people to river cole, but the sick cannot be moved.

I stood up quickly, wanting to scream.

How many are sick?

As of this morning ten children, five women and eight men. The garden was poisoned. I will see if the healers can counteract the poison and keep you posted.

Thanks.

I ran as I heard Sebastian's voice in the wind asking what was wrong. He was right, we couldn't have a good morning if the Moon Goddess herself demanded it.

I ran to the strung up sadist, this time there were no guards posted at the door, no lock on the gate, no key needed for his cell door. Sebastian knew where I was headed.