Epilogue

When people ask Lo'ak, 'wheres your love?'

Lo'ak responds with one simple word: gone.

Because although Esmyrie may be walking and breathing, his love, the girl he knew, has slipped away.

Minutes after reviving

They could tell very quickly that something was very, very wrong with the girl.

She looked like she was still in fight or flight mode, and Lo'ak through all the chaos didn't know what to do.

She was just dead. He was just holding her lifeless body, and now she is trying to fight out of his grip, thinking he is an enemy.

"Hey! Hey! Esmyrie, it's me!" Lo'ak tries to yell, knowing he can't drop her in the water.

Her feet and arms are still bond in the ropes he crafted, and he has no knife to cut them.

"Get off of me! Let me go!" Esmyrie yells, confusing the boy even more.

She just said his name. She just asked about her queue, why is she now acting like he is the one that hurt her?

"Dad! Help me!" Lo'ak pleads.

Esmyrie, his Esmyrie, is trying to get away from him as if his touch burns her.

1 hour after reviving

She can't walk.

Jake cut her ropes when they made it to shore, and she kept fighting him as best as she could. She was kicking with the little movement her feet would allow and was yelling curses at him.

He finally was able to cut the bonds when she tired out, but immediately when they were cut, she tried to run, only to fall into the sand.

Lo'ak was there to help her up, but she pushed him away, her breath coming in quick as she looked at her surroundings.

So many Na'vi, so many avatars in her mind.

Lo'ak looks towards his parents, but they give him a look of pity back, not yet knowing what the girl fully remembers and what she doesn't. They can't imagine the trauma of her injury and then her death could do to her.

She kept pushing people away, Jake first, than Lo'ak, and even Kiri. The only one that she didn't fight was Neteyam, her eyes staying on him as he walked slowly towards her, hands up in surrender to show no harm.

He was the one that carried her back to their hut, her eyes continuing to look glazed over in fear, looking for any escape she could.

2 hours after reviving

She is hiding in a corner, her knees to her chest as she shakes her body.

She won't talk, not even when asked small questions like if she is experiencing pain or dizziness.

She still shys away from Lo'ak's touch, but her eyes no longer hold fear, now just sadness mixed with confusing.

The yelling of the Clan can be heard right outside the hut.